Chapter 22 - Friend

I thought the conversation we had the other night had knocked something out of her head, but I'm wrong. She only got worse.

Nagpatuloy pa din sya sa paglapit lapit sa akin kahit na wala naman syang dapat gawin kung na saan ako naka assign sa loob ng kompanya. Hindi lang iyon dahil ultimo pagkain ko sa araw araw ay pa special delivery pa kaya naman yung mga kasama ko sa work ay nagtataka baka daw may secret admirer na ako.

She's even sending me gifts again, which I clearly told her not to. Just like right now. I found this expensive aqua flask tumbler on top of my table, and I'm sure it's from her.

Napipikon na nilisan ko ang cubicle ko at nagtungo sa elevator. Umakyat ako sa office nya pero wala akong naabutan duon na tao at saka ko lang na realize na may meeting nga pala ngayon sa conference room kaya wala din tao sa ibang department.

I sat on the chair outside her office and patiently waited for her.

Wala naman na akong trabaho sa baba kaya okay lang na medyo dito muna ako tumambay.

I glance at my watch and sigh as I run my fingers through my hair. I decided to stand up, and that's when I heard the elevator door open, revealing the woman I was waiting for.

She's wearing a white pantsuit, and she's walking elegantly. Behind her was her secretary, and when she noticed my presence, she was taken aback.

I smirk because I can tell that she's somehow nervous seeing me here.

"What are you doing here?"- she asked when she was in front of me.

"I want to talk to you."

She glanced at her secretary's table before she opened the door of her office and told me to follow her inside.

Nawala ang pekeng ngiti ko matapos kong maisara yung pinto ng office nya. Humarap ako sa kanya na naka poker face nalang. Lumapit ako sa table nya at nilapag duon ang dala dala ko.

Her eyes dropped down to it as well, and I guess she already expected this.

"Why are you so stubborn?"- panimula ko at namulsa sa pants na suot ko. "Di ba sabi ko huwag mo na gawin yung mga to? You're not helping, Addison."

She avoided my gaze and pretended that she was busy on her laptop.

"Stop sending me food and gifts. I don't like it."

I feel like I was talking to the air because she's not even minding my presence here. I sigh heavily and put my hands on my waist.

"You wouldn't like it when I get mad."- I muttered seriously.

Huminto sya sa pagtatype at nag angat ng tingin sa akin.

Damn those eyes! Nakakaramdam pa din ako ng butterflies in my stomach. Kailan ka ba magiging kabag?

"Narinig mo ako? Magagalit talaga ako at hindi mo magugustuhan iyon."

"What's new? You're always mad at me anyway."- she replied and shrugged her shoulders as if my statement didn't matter to her.

"Tell me, do you want my attention?"

"No——"

"Then what the freak do you want from me?"

Fear registered in her eyes after I exclaimed and hit her table. She's not helping at all. She's making it so hard for me to move on!

"I want to be close to you again.."- she lowered her head and closed her fists.

Sobrang diin na ng pagkakaigting ng panga ko. Pwede na nga mabali ang ngipin ko e at pede na din syang maging duguan kung may kutsilyo lang ang mga tingin na pinupukol ko sa kanya.