Epilogue (Part II)

Rein Addison POV

My heart was beating loudly as I graced the aisle, holding my father's arm. I can see admiration in the eyes of the people who are here to witness my marriage to my longtime crush.

Everyone was surprised by the sudden changes, but no one had the guts to question us. This is the choice I made, and I won't regret it. My grandpa is not here, and I know he's mad at me, but I don't care anymore.

My eyes were focused on the tall woman standing at the end of the aisle. She's coldly looking at me, but I won't back out. I surprised her, I know, but she did the same to me by coming here when, in fact, she could have just run away from home just like her brother did.

Maybe she still likes me; that's why she's here, marrying me. Or maybe I'm just being delusional right now.

As the ceremony started, my mind drifted back and forth to every moment I'd had with her. Those simple ones made me the happiest in secret. I so love being with her, even though most of the time she's really a pain in the ass. I never thought I could be so head over heels for someone, let alone a woman who's younger than me. We're very opposite from each other; I have a type, but I forgot all of those when I first laid eyes on her. She's like a magnet; I'm one of those whom she pulled without even doing anything at all.

As I stood in front of her while holding the microphone to say my vow wholeheartedly, I made sure to let her feel that this was really meant for her, but I guess she really doesn't want to believe me anymore.

"I'm not happy."

Those words that she whispered in my ear stabbed me deeply. But I didn't let negativity invade my mind. I enjoy the wedding and the party even though it's so obvious that she hates touching me or being with me in the midst of the crowd cheering for us.

When we went to the island, I wasn't expecting a honeymoon on the spot because we have unsettled issues. And I don't want to sacrifice myself to gain her trust. I want her to trust me before anything else happens between us.

"Galit ka pa?"

Kanina pa kasi sya tahimik at masungit kung maningin. Wala naman akong matandaan na ginawa kong mali ngayon araw.

"Tell me, did I do something wrong again?"

"Who's your crush?" - she blurted out absentmindedly.

I was shocked to hear her question, but later on I ended up laughing because she looked embarrassed and just wanted to run away at this moment. So that's what's bothering her, huh?

"That's so random of you, baby." - I muttered, still smiling at her.

Oops, it did slip from my mouth accidentally.

"What did you just call me?" - she asked, raising her brow at me.

"Hmm, nothing. Baka may problema ka sa pandinig."

I dried my hair in front of her. Her eyes shamelessly look at me up and down, only to regret it because my curves are freaking visible on my wet clothes. I'm proud of my body, but it's not my intention to seduce her at this moment.

Tumayo sya at hinapit ako sa bewang na ikinagulat ko. Napasinghap ako at napakapit sa balikat nya. Namula din agad ang mukha ko dahil sa naramdaman sa may bandang puson ko.

"C-Claire y-yung.."- kanda utal utal kong sabi at bahagyang tumingin sa ibaba nya.

And just like that, I sprinted away from the embarrassing scene by making an alibi that I needed to shower.