Chapter 21 - Pointless

It's been a week since that heated night between me and that Dahlia girl happened. I bought a new car after that and sold the other one, even though it's still new. My family was surprised to find out about that, but I didn't tell them the exact reason why I decided to change cars.

What has left me wondering for days now is why the call lasted for ten minutes. I know she heard everything, but I don't want to assume that it's because of that that she was ignoring me inside the company.

Yes! She's ignoring me. Either she was shy, and I will confront her for that, or there's something more behind her cold treatment.

But again, I don't want to assume anything. Ayaw ko na maulit yung nangyari nuon na sa pagiging assumera ko ay napaamin ako ng biglaan.

Right now I'm in front of the photocopy machine and busy doing the task the head of the department told me to do when my phone buzzed inside my pocket.

I open my phone and read Jeane's email to me. My brows furrowed because of her pictures.

It's her in her bikini with the message “pang motivation mo”.

I see she's enjoying her vacation. If I didn't go home, I'd probably be with her during this time.

Binalik ko na sa bulsa ko yung phone ko at dinampot na yung mga papel na ni photo copy ko at saka bumalik sa loob para idistribue iyon sa mga cubicle nila.

"Thanks, cutie."- it was Vheena.

She's the marketing department's little princess. Well, she's not really a princess in terms of action because it's obvious that she's a tease in every way.

May chismis pa nga akong nasagap na mahilig daw ito sa mga bagong mukha. As long as nakikita nya na effective ang panlalandi nya ay go sya dun.

Napatiim bagang ako dahil sa sinasadyang paghaplos nito sa kamay ko matapos makuha ang papel na inaabot ko.

"Let's have some coffee next time. Treat ko."

I chuckled and licked my lower lip, which she obviously followed by staring at my lips.

"Thanks, but I can buy my own coffee, Miss."

Her smile vanished. I turn my back on her and go to the other employees busy on their computers.

Matapos ako sa ginagawa ay bumalik na ako sa sarili kong cubicle. Tinapos ko na yung mga pending works na naipon sa mesa ko.

The lunch break came, and everybody was ready to go. Some of them ask me to go with them, but I refuse since I'm still not done with my work.

They're friendly and willing to help me if I don't know something. Sadyang ako lang yung hindi marunong makisama dahil masyado akong na overwhelmed. Hindi ako sanay pero gusto ko din naman masanay sana para naman hindi sila matakot na i approach ako.

Napahikab ako at nag inat ng braso. Tinatamad na ako, kung hindi dahil sa mga kagustuhan nila edi sana nasa bahay lang ako at nagpipinta.

*************

"Hey, sis. How's life going?"

Napahinto ako dito sa lobby dahil sa baritonong boses na iyon na narinig ko. Lumingon ako sa likuran ko at nakita ang kuya ko na poging pogi sa suot nyang grey suit.

Gusto ko sana tumakbo sa kanya ngayon para mag rant pero huwag nalang dahil kasama nya ngayon ang girlfriend nya na ultimo pagtingin sa akin ay hindi magawa.

Ang kamay ni kuya ay nakahawak sa bewang nya at kahit sinong empleyado na napapatingin sa kanila ay kinikilig.

"So far, so good."- I answered shortly. "How about you? Why are you here?"