Chapter 24 - Choice

I never knew that this day would come where I would wear a wedding suit and be marrying my longtime secret crush, whom I hated to the core before because of the past encounter I had with her.

I was standing at the end of the aisle, silently waiting for the bride to arrive. I didn't mind the winds touching and blowing some of my hair strands and the coldness of the sea breeze embracing my skin, despite wearing clothes.

Dapat si Kuya yung nandito at hindi ako.

Hindi ako.. Pero may parte sa puso ko na gusto ko.

I  didn't mind the eyes of the guests we have here. Just like me, they were all surprised to know that I'd be the one marrying the unica hija of the Elin family.

Isang babae at hindi matipunong lalaki. Malayo sa taong palagi nyang kasama o kapartner sa mga okasyon.

Hindi pa din ako makapaniwala na sa akin sya ikakasal. Never kong pinakita at pinahalata sa pamilya ko na patay na patay ako sa kanya. Palagi nga akong galit sa kanya e at iyon lang ang nakikita ng iba.

I hate her, but deep down, I feel guilty for hurting her with my words. But she deserves my anger because she made me feel things I shouldn't feel. She awakened my sleeping heart, ripped off my innocence about falling in love, and eventually made me a fool of myself, giving me so much love and care and then suddenly dropping me like I'm some kind of disgusting piece of garbage just because I confessed.

Nanatiling walang emosyon ang mga mata ko habang papalapit sya sa akin at nahawak sa braso ng daddy nya na busy ngumiti sa mga bisita.

Kung hindi ko lang alam na option number two ako ay baka kanina pa ako kinilig dito pero hindi e. Malinaw pa sa salamin na pangalawa lang ako.

I admit she looks so pretty in her wedding dress, but I can't bring myself to smile genuinely at her because I know I'm not the one she was dreaming of marrying.

Tinapik ng daddy nya ang balikat ko at seryoso akong tinignan pero dahil ako si Juztine Claire Arden ay tinapatan ko ang intensidad ng titig nya.

"Take care of my daughter."- he spoke and made me hold his daughter's hand. "Make her the happiest wife on earth."

I clenched my jaw and didn't respond. I was just staring at his teary eyes. Addison's hand was cold, just like the wind blowing around us.

I'm not her happiness, so how can I make her the happiest?

Humarap na kami sa magkakasal nang tumalikod ang daddy nya. Binitawan ko na din ang kamay nya at binalik lamang nya iyon sa bulaklak na hawak nya.

The wedding ceremony had begun, and with each passing second, I realized that my mind was drifting away. My thoughts were clouded by different things that were making me feel awful. And the view of the sunset in front of us is making me more lonely.

Everything looks so magical right now, but we both know that it's not what it seems. We're lying in front of everybody.

My attention went back to her when I heard her say her vows. Her voice was full of emotion; she was feeling each word she was uttering, making some of the guests get emotional in their seats.

Her vow wasn't meant for me in the first place. It's for someone else.

A vow that was meant for my brother.

"...I love you."- she finished with a shaking voice before letting go of the microphone.

I stare at her coldly, not minding the fact that we're being watched by many people.