Chapter 26 - Ride

Dinner time came, and we're now eating peacefully in the dining area. The only thing I could hear right now was the sound of utensils touching the plate, our low breaths, and the small movements of our bodies. It's a good thing she hasn't mentioned anything about the embarrassing thing I did earlier because I seriously couldn't defend myself anymore.

I finished off my drink and wiped my lips, and when I looked at her, I saw her staring at me too.

My eyes drop down on her neck, but she's quick to block my view by putting her hand on it.

"I'll wash the dishes."- pag presinta ko nang mapansin na liligpitin na nya yung pinagkainan namin.

"Ako na."

Tumayo ako at pinigilan ang kamay nya sa pagkuha sa plato ko.

"Ako na, Claire."- pag ulit nya sa mas seryosong boses.

I lick my lips and look at her deeply. "I'll help you then."

She sighs and shrugs her shoulders. She looks hesitant, but she won't win with me this time. I really wanted to help her.

Kanina pa sya kilos ng kilos at gusto ko naman may maiambag sa kanya.

She gave me a set of gloves with a different color from the one she was putting on. Mine was blue, and hers was pink.

"Why are you being nice to me? Di ba.. g-galit ka kaninang umaga?"- tanong nya habang minimismisan yung pinagkainan namin.

"Umaga pa yon. Gabi na ngayon oh."

She glanced at me with furrowed eyebrows. She looks cute, I want to pinch her nose.

"You're not mad at me right now?"

I lean my other hand on the sink and tilt my head in her direction. My body was facing her as well.

"Hindi ako galit. Epekto yata to ng kiss——I mean yeah.. Hehe. Yes, I'm not mad."

Oh lupa. Pwede bang kainin mo na ako? May sariling isip ang bibig ko e.

Her eyes lay back, and her expression changed into one of relief. I fix my composure and turn my head to the dishes in front of me to mask my embarrassment.

Tahimik akong naglagay ng dish washing liquid sa sponge at binasa iyon para bumula.

"C-Can we talk after this?"- she asked shyly.
Bumuntong hininga ako. "About what?"

"About us."

Bumagal ang pagsasabon ko sa plato at nilingon sya. Nakikiusap ang mga mata nya kaya pumikit nalang ako at saka tumango.

"Really? We will talk?"- her tone was happy.

"Oo na nga. Tapos ka na ba? Intayin mo nalang ako sa sala."

Muntik ko ng mabitawan yung baso dahil sa biglang pag tingkayad nya at paghalik sa pisnge ko. Mabilis lang naman iyon pero grabe ang pagwawala ng puso ko.

"Thank you, Claire."

I watched her remove her gloves and make her way out of the kitchen. I bite down on my lower lip to suppress my smile.

Delikado na naman ako.

Sinadya kong tagalan sa paghuhugas dahil kinakabahan ako sa mga pag uusapan namin.

Ito na ba yon? Mukhang kailangan ko ng buksan ang isip ko at hayaan syang magpaliwanag.

Nakakapagod din kasi makipag bangayan at mangapa kung ano ba yung dapat kong paniwalaan.