Cat Whisperer

Summary: You can talk to animals, but you've never told anyone. Surprisingly Nat comes home with a cat. It won't stop complaining and you get tired of it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third person:

Everyone was chilling in the living room, except for Nat. She went out 4 hours ago, but no one questioned it, cuz she gets out of the compound when she's annoyed.

Suddenly, she walked in with a fuzzy grey kitten, with green eyes curled up in her arms. You do a double take. No one expected Nat to show up with a cat.

Nat: His name is Leo, don't bother him.

Your brain was full of what the kitten was trying to say. It always hurt your head to talk to animals, but it did come in handy. You had to hide it as best as you can. While you were dying on the inside from the headache and complaints from the cat, you quickly walked out of the room. You poked your head back in and said, You might wanna put him down, he's going to jump." Then left and went into the kitchen.

A few minutes later, Nat walked in without the Cat and started staring at you.

Yn: Why are you staring at me??

Nat: How'd you know the cat wanted down?

Yn: He looked uncomfortable. Why are you asking questions that don't matter?

Nat: Well, you ran out of that room quickly. Excuse me for checking on you.

You're pov:

I just got out of there as fast as I could. I wanna avoid anything that can expose my powers. Natasha and I became close friends when I first got here, I was going to tell her, but I didn't want to be seen as weird. Imagine seeing a grown woman talking to animals, everyone thinks I'm crazy. Maybe I am a little, but not that much. I've been hiding this for like a year.

I haven't used this power in a long time, so it was killing my head. Every single time the kitten meowed, a sharp pain in my head wouldn't go away unless I leave.

...

I was having a nightmare about the Red Room. Another thing that I keep secret. I jolted away with sweat all over my body and I was shaking. Then I hear something, the kitten was outside my door asking if I could open it. My head hurt a little, but my heart couldn't say no.

I opened the door and the Kitten walked in. He told me to lay back down, so I did. As soon as I laid my head down, he curled into a ball on my chest, and all the pain in my head went away. It was very calming and he was warm. In no time, I was back asleep.

Natasha pov:
I woke up and looked around for Leo. But he wasn't in my room. Maybe he went to get food. What I always think is strange, is whenever Leo and Y/n are in the same room, y/n leaves. Her file never said anything about an allergy. Or maybe she just hates cats. It's just weird. I get up and go to the kitchen, everyone except for y/n is there. Which is even weirder because she's always the first one up. Like really early up and anytime we ask her about it, she just says that the early bird catches the worm. But she's not here. Maybe she's sick or slept in today.

I'm still looking around for Leo, but he's nowhere to be seen. Apparently, no one else has seen him. Great, now I'm worried about him and y/n. I go upstairs and to y/n's door. I started with a knock, but I didn't get an answer. I knocked again and still no answer. I started to panic, I do care about y/n, she's funny, and exciting to be around, but since yesterday, she's been off. I open the door and see the cutest thing ever! Leo is sitting on y/n's chest and her hand is on the cat. I couldn't help it, it was too adorable.

I took a picture first, then I started lightly shaking y/n for her to wake up. But Leo woke up and looked at me with huge pupils. So either he wants to play or he's mad. He swats at my hand trying to keep them away from y/n. This is confusing. Then Leo lets out a small, low Meow. Y/n mumbles "Leo, shh, no one's there. It's ok to go back to sleep" and with that Leo curled back into a ball on her chest.

Don't get me wrong, my favorite person, and my kitten cuddling is adorable, but I need some love too. Oh why not, I get into bed and lay down next to y/n. Y/n turned to her side and cuddled into me and then Leo got onto my stomach. My heart couldn't handle how cute this way. Y/ns head was on my chest, and her arm went around the kitten like we were a family.

...

It's been about an hour and y/n starts to wake up. I can tell she's still half asleep.

Y: Nat, what are you doing here?

N: Leo was in here, and he didn't want to leave, so I joined you both.

Y: Oh, right. Leo, what are you doing here?

Leo meowed

Y: Oh, thanks, that's really sweet.

And she went back to sleep. Weird. I moved a little bit and she clung to me tighter.

Looks like I'm not moving for a while. I let my mind wander, thinking about what's going on with y/n. Then Leo not moving after just trying to pick him up. Maybe they have some sort of connection. What a coincidence that the one night that a cat sleeps with her, she sleeps way longer than usual. Or, she's finally becoming comfortable in the compound.

I look over at her. She's so pretty. My heart feels like it can fly away when I'm with her. She's just so special, different.

Another half hour later, she wakes up again; fully this time.

Y: Nat, what are you still doing here? I would've thought you'd be doing something in your room or whatever.

Leo: *Only in your head* She doesn't stop talking to me about you. She finds you curious, and interesting, but also understanding. 

Nat: I couldn't leave. You wouldn't let me.

Y: Oh, sorry

Then she let go of me. I pull her back down onto my chest again. She sighs a calm one. Leo meows again.

L: I'm glad I finally have someone to talk to.

Y/n starts to tear up and I get worried. Did I do something?

N:Hey, are you ok?

Y: Yeah. Leo's so sweet.

N: What do you mean?

Y: He helped me go back to sleep last night.

N: You could've come to me. But why did you wake up in the first place?

Y: That's not a conversation I'm ready to have yet.

N: Fine, but why do you keep saying Leo is so sweet? He's just a cat.

L: I love her and all, but come on!

Y: That's not very nice Natasha.

N: Answer the question...

Y: Promise you're not going to be mad or tell everyone.

N: Fine, I promise

Y: I can speak to animals

N: And you never told me?! Now that's rude! I can't believe it!

L: you should've told her sooner you know

Y: I know. I know

N: You know what?

Y: That's going to get annoying.

Three months later...

Leo was yours, and Nat's cat now. He would cuddle up with you, and Nat would eventually come and cuddle you. No one else questioned it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, ok, I know I'm so late. So, I'm going to change my schedule to whenever I finish one. I don't know why, but it felt so hard to finish writing this and that's why the ending is kinda wrapped up quickly. Have a good day/ night tho ❤️