Duolingo

Sum: You and Nat got together, but she always says stuff in Russian, and you have no idea what she's saying. So, you're trying to learn without her knowing.  Short!!!
***

Y/n pov:
Ever since I met Natasha, she would say words or phrases in Russian, and I would ask what they mean, but she would never tell me. I decided to get Duolingo and learn without her knowing, so maybe I can catch what she's saying.

She was in the shower, and I was on our bed, learning the alphabet and a few words here and there. I didn't even hear the shower cut off, so when the door opened, I nearly jumped out of my skin and threw my phone. Nat looked at me like she was confused but let it slide. Thankfully.

Two days later...
I was chilling on the couch, finally mastered the alphabet, and was working on some words when Natasha got back from her mission and walked into the room. I quickly cut my phone off and threw it under the blanket. Again, she looked at me weird but let it go.

A week later...
I finally learned enough to understand words here and there. Nat would say something about being mad because her sister did something with her shirt. At least I can slightly understand what she was talking about.

It's another painfully annoying week later...
She kept coming into the room at the worst times. I know enough to piece together her sentences. Like when someone eats her food or when Tony pisses her off. It feels good to be able to listen to her talk about how she feels, even if it's another language.

It's the morning, and I'm at the breakfast table trying to get my daily reward, and she bursts into the room. I jump really hard and throw my phone face down on the table and cut it off, quickly looking up at her.

Third person:
Natasha always thought something was up when she would walk in, and you'd be suspiciously hiding your phone. She was done. She walked up to you with an amused look on her face.

She picked up your phone and started to run. You then ran after her, trying to get your phone back. You ended up in yalls room, but when you entered, she was standing at the door. She tackled you onto the bed and put your arm in a lock. Not hurting you, but preventing you from getting up. She takes your thumb and gets into your phone to see the bright green bird high-fiving that emo girl with the purple streak in her hair. Then she saw it was for Russian. She smirked and then said:

N: Why are you trying to hide this? Are you learning Russian for me?

Y: No... I just wanted to know.

N: To know what?

Y: That- um- you still- when you say-

N: Spit it out

Y: When you talk to me, I wanted to know what you say, but you never tell me.

N: Baby, when I say stuff, it's just me complaining about something.

Y: Yeah, I gathered that

N: Delete this app, I'll teach you if you really wanna know.
***
I know it's really short, but I think it's cute. I just started trying to learn, I don't have much confidence in me actually learning anything because I've previously attempted to learn three other languages on Duo and they're still there, so I'm doing those and my French class at school. You would think I would know how to speak some of them, but no. Je parle tres tres petit fraçais. (Sorry if it's wrong) Anywayyyyysssss, have a good day/night 🩷