Sore Loser

Sum: You're the captain of your schools soccer team. Which is doing very good, until you lose. You take it hard on yourself, and Nat has to help
***

Y/n pov:
Our schools soccer team is proudly undefeated. I was promoted to team captain. But I take that position very seriously. Which surprised people. Today was game day against our rivals, The Shooting Stars.

I'm a goalkeeper, so I'm basically the one who yells at everyone on the field to move or fall back.

I was so nervous I couldn't eat. My gf tried to get me to eat something, but I couldn't. Right before the game, I ended up having an energy bar. I looked up at Nat, while I'm stretching my arms with a huge smile.

Time skip: Towards the end of the game 85:55.

We're winning 2-1. Wth about 9 minutes left, we need to stay focused, but I'm sure we got this.

I yelled at my defensive line to fall back, but none of them fell back enough. One of the Stars defender booted the ball past my defense, and the forward ran for it and made it past the 20 line.

She shot and... and....

I dove Left...

She was right footed, so she should've gone left. It's a gamble, but go left...

She went right.

We're tied with about 5 minutes left. To make matters worse, Coach took me out of the game. And our backup let one go. We lost 3-2. We lost. I let that sink in. We had to line up to gg the others.

Nornally, anytime there was a player that extra rough the whole game, I stiffen my hand so they end up hurting their own hand. I couldn't help it now, I was so frustrated with myself.

The cherry on top was the other goalkeeper mumbling about how lazy my dive was. Thankfully, some of my team knew I would've fought and got suspended from the team, and they held me back.

After the game, I was drenched in sweat. I met up Nat, which helped a little, but I still felt the pit of anger in my stomach. I drove home, which you're not supposed to do when you're mad, but idc. I went home, and the first thing I did was run laps. I did that till I threw up. I went to bed and tried to relax, but it was hard.

Saturday morning, I usually meet Nat at the school gym. All athletes are allowed in at any time, and Nat was doing wrestling and karate.

Nat was surprised to see me there before her already dripping sweat.

N: Babe, how long have you been here?

Y: Not long. What are you working on today?

N: My kicks, legs, and core.

Y: I'm going full body.

N: It looks like you've already done 4 full body workouts. Maybe you should rest.

Y: Nah, I'm good. I have to be ready before the next game.

N: Dont overdo it, ok?

Y: I won't, babe.

Second pov:

Well, you did. You hadn't really drank water, and you've been feeling dizzy. But you pushed through, and you needed to win this next game, and you needed to train for a faster reflex time. In the middle of you doing the 15th rep. Nat was waiting for you to get done

N: I think you're done

Y: No, I'm fine. Just a little more.

N: Seriously, stop. You don't look so good.

Y: Ouch, and from my own girlfriend.

N: That's not what I meant. Please.

You stopped and decided to work twice as hard tomorrow. You were driving home and started to feel dizzy. But continued to drive. At some point, you couldn't focus, and everything was blurring out. Till, it went black...

Nat pov:

I got home, and I knew something was up with y/n. So, I texted her:

My baby

Me: Honey, I'm home!
But fr, did you make it
home ok?

She's probably still driving. But hours later and still nothing. She hasn't even read it yet. I start to get anxious, but you never know. She did overwork herself, so maybe she got home and slept immediately.

That's what I thought until I got a call. It's the hospital calling me saying that y/n got into a car wreck. She has a broken leg, some head damage that they can't assess until shes awake, and her neck was slightly injured. I rushed out of the house and to the hospital. I found out her room and saw her unconscious, but still alive. I couldn't lose her like this. There's so many things I didn't get to say or do. She was literally perfect. She can't leave me now.

I sat next to her, and all I could do was wait...

Two hours later...

I saw her finger twitch. That or I'm just desperate to see her move. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me, then smiled. Then she looked confused. Shit.

Y: You're very pretty. But why are you here? Who are you?

N: I'm Natasha, and I'm here to make sure you're OK.

Y: Well, I'm fine. Look, nothing personal, but I don't really like that you're just sitting there staring at me. Don't you have a boyfriend to talk to?

That was probably the most painful thing I've heard. Like she was another person.

N: Well, I have a girlfriend, but I can't really talk to her right now. So, I'm going to talk to you until the doctor gets here.

Y: Are they going to give me a shot?

N: No, they won't. They just need to ask a few questions.

...

When the doctor left, he said that her memories would come back within the next week. At least I'll have my y/n back.

A week later:

She has all her memories back, but she's bedridden. So I get to take care of her. It also means she can't walk out while scolding her.
<><><><><><><><><><>

This is a reminder to drink water and not overwork yourself. Not just with fitness, but also school or work. I go back to school soon, so I'm going to have a least 20 mental breakdowns a week. But my birthday is coming up, so I'll see if I can get a one-shot out by then. Idek what I'm doing for it, but I'll figure it out. Also, my mom is constantly telling me about any cute guy anywhere we go. She literally wanted to flirt with this dude that I've awkwardly avoided for 4 years. Plus it's my exes best friend so that's very weird. Anywayyyyysssss, have a good day/ night 🩷