Guard

Sum: You are a Hydra agent, and the Avengers were captured. You're ordered to guard them.
***

Second person:

Jason: Y/l/n, we have new information about the Avengers. They are locked in cell 578. Greer is making this your personal assignment to guard them. You may talk to them for information, but nothing friendly. Give them one meal a day until told otherwise.

Y/n: Yes, Sir!

You march off and stand in front of their cell. The whole team glares at you as you look around the outside of the cell. The only thing that was there was a chair for you and a first aid kit. You sit in the chair but don't really pay attention to the team in front of you.

All of them congregated in the corner whispering. You stay seated across from the cell. Your hyperactive ears heard their entire conversation. They were going to try and escape by waiting until the guard changes, and they would try and reach the first aid kit to find something in there. Little did they know you were ordered to stay there 24/7 until told otherwise.

Whatever, I have my own problems. I was supposed to get my weekly shot for testing or whatever. I stopped asking questions. It's better to let it happen than struggle, get punished, and still get tested on. Then they're going to take some blood. My biggest fear was always needles, but now that I'm here, I had to get used to it. Well, I'm still waiting for that part.

I stare down at the floor in front of me. As my head starts to hurt and I have an unbearable, sharp pain on the sides on my head. I'm not allowed to move. I show weakness, and I'll be punished. My breathing becomes deeper and faster as I try to manage the pain.

Then, the scientists came over. Here we go. She unzips her case and holds out a long, thick needle with some purple substance in it. I stare at the needle with watery eyes. There's a pit in my stomach, and my heart is beating so fast. I quickly feel hot and burning, and she hasn't even put the needle in yet.

She jabs it into my arm, and I clench my teeth. Now I feel the burning in my veins, my hearing is going haywire. She zips everything up and leaves. She's leaving me there sweating and in pain.

After I cooled down for a second. I finally looked up at the team, and they all had either a look of pity or confusion. I just look down. Just stare down, and you can't get in trouble.

??: You know we saw that.

Stay silent. You can't talk. I tighten my jaw.

??: You're scared. Of everything.

I finally look up and notice the one who's talking. The mind reader.

You: We need to check those cancellers.

I tried to scare her into being quiet. Didn't work

Wanda: I didn't read your mind. Your eyes said it all.

Nat: Wanda, that's enough. Let the pet be obedient.

This was her method. She wants me to get mad.

You: Say what you want, but I'm not the one in a cell.

Nat: Isn't that where you're going to be if you're bad.

Stay cool.

You: No, but you-

Jason: Y/L/N! WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT TALKING TO THEM!

You: To not to sir.

Jason: I know what will help.

No. Not that.

Jason: We're doing this right now. And in front of the prisoners. Image how stupid you'll look.

Second pov:

He ordered others to bring him a bucket of ice water and one of boiling water. When they were there, he took your sleeve and rolled it up, revealing your cuts, bruises, and burnt skin. He put your arm in the boiling water, then the ice water, and repeat. You weren't allowed to scream or move.

When that was finally over, he shoved you into the chair and left. You went back to staring at the floor.

?: You aren't mind controlled, are you?

Don't look, don't talk

?: I have a best friend who was. He escaped, and you can too.

???: She's not going to talk, Steve.

Steve: I know, but she obviously is scared.

Wanda: Look, we can work together. You can get us out, and we'll get you out. I used to be a part of Hydra, too. We can-

You: *Whispering* Yeah, and look where you're at now.

Wanda: Just hand over the first aid kit, and we can find a way to get out. We'll leave together.

Can't talk. Don't give in. This isn't going to happen again.

Nat: She's debating. But hesitant. Why? What happens to you if you try to escape?

Tony: You know she can't answer.

Thor: Lady, um, y/l/n. Please consider handing over the kit. We can tell you're not like them.

Heard that before. It's not happening, no matter how hard it is.

Nat: Look, rarely am I like this, but you're never going to be free unless you stand up. Give us the damn aid kit. We'll undo Wandas restrains, and we'll get out. You can live with us.

You: I've heard that before. I'd rather be killed here than abandoned by some random people who can make empty promises.

Nat: Who hurt you? Where'd this begin?

You: The second people who you thought cared about you forget you. And you're left alone in the world. No one to talk to or hear you. No one to care for yourself. The moment where you're so desperate for someone to actually see you as a person instead of a monster. I hurt myself. I did bad things.

Wanda: We all did. We can all leave and be better people.

You thought for a second. Would the punishment be worth it? Oh, what the hell? Why not? You slid over the first aid kit and watched as Nat takes out some tweezers and picks the power canceller on the cuffs. She uses her powers to set them free, and as they all exit the cell, you start walking to your own cell. Cell 612. This has happened to you before. They're just going to abandon you.

But suddenly, a hand grabs onto your shoulder and turns you around.

Nat: Wrong way. Jeez, you think you'd know your way around here.

You walked with them, hoping for a new beginning.

***

Guys, school sucks. I think I'm depressed cuz of school. Like, all I want to do is go home and sleep, and when I am home, I just want to stare at the ceiling and cry. I literally hate crying. And idk what's wrong with me, but tell me why every time I see a mildly attractive person, I convince myself I like them and then find signs that they like me too. Anywayyyyysssss, have a good day/night