A changed Woman (y/n pov)

Summary: The last chapter, just y/n pov. Also, a short Yelena pov.

...

It was lunch, and I was texting my friends from my old school and my one new friend from here. People probably think I'm weird because I'm always on my phone, but in reality, my social anxiety is freaking out because of this new school and new house all this change leaves me with nothing to look forward to. I'm not that new, but I've only been here for about 4 months. I'm just not a very social person. At all. I would prefer to get all my socializing done at school and go home to be alone, but now, I don't have any friends. Well, except for one, Yelena.

Flashback (Dramatic hearp playing)

She's two years lower than me. My last school lost my math credits between transferring schools, so they put me in that math class and normal math. I was on my phone playing an offline game because the wifi sucks! Then Yelena looks over and sees me

Lena: You know you can tell a lot about a person by what games they play.

I look over at her, confused. And I wasn't expecting her thick Russian accent. I always loved an accent.

Lena: Well, you are playing ALtis and ABP. And going off of stereotypes at this school, it's hard to say, but you give off the vibe, You're gay. But if you're not, then no offense. I'm just saying.

Again, I was confused. Not only did she describe me perfectly, but it took me off guard. I haven't come out yet. To ANYONE. Why not start now, I guess?

Y: Does every gay at this school play this?

Lena: Basically, I mean my sister does, and she's definitely fruity. My parents are just oblivious.

Y: Wish I could say the same. What about you?

Lena: Oh, I'm Bi. My parents are old, so I guess they don't know. You've been here a while. Anyone caught your eye.

Y/n: Yeah, but she's in my grade. You probably don't know her, and I don't know if she swings that way. And you?

Lena: Oh, well, there's someone in this class, but she's in my grade, so you don't know her.

She was obviously repeating what I was saying. I haven't trusted someone with that information since third grade.

Lena: Anyways, why are you always on your phone?

She has no filter.

Y: Cause I already know all this. My old school lost my transcript for this math class.

End of flashback:
We exchanged numbers and started texting all the time. Anytime I didn't feel like talking to people, I'd text her, and she answered often. She didn't tell me who she liked, but I'm basically a detective and found out she likes Kate. I'm not surprised. Kate is cute, and I can tell Lena really likes her. I'm personally into older women.

But, I continued to text Lena during lunch, knowing she's in Film class and they just watch movies in there. The bell rings, and I go back to our class since it was just 2nd lunch, and I still had a long class to go.

When class started, it kept like someone was staring at me, but I shook it off because I'm used to it.

...

The bell rings, and I do my usual, fill up my water before Psychology. After all that, I walk in and see someone in my seat. I absolutely HATE confrontations, so I ask the teacher where else I can sit. She pointed over to the seat next to Natasha. Which, ironically enough, is the girl I like.

I've never had the confidence to talk to her. I sat down next to her, and I can tell she's looking at me.

After a while, the teacher handed out the notes paper, and I left my pencil in my last class. Well, it's time to talk to her now. (Oh, you had no idea)

I asked her for a pencil, but she didn't have one, so she gave me a pen. And can I just say I LOVE pens and highlights and stationary. That was the best pen I've ever written with.

After a while of class, the teacher finished the notes and told us to chill for a while. I gave her the pen back and felt a little confident, so I talked to her.

Y: Hey, where'd you get that pen? It's really smooth.

N: Oh, Hobby Lobby

Y: I love Hobby Lobby. They have all the good art stuff there.

N: I love their art stuff!

Y: You're in my art class, right?

N: Yeah, I sit at the group next to you. What are you doing for your project?

Y: I'm doing a bunch of flowers. What about you?

N: Oh, I'm doing a picnic scene.

That sparked a good conversation, and I was very surprised about how smooth the conversation flowed. I wasn't nervous to talk to her.

...

I took the bus home and jumped onto bed as soon as I entered my room. I'm just taking in the relaxing feeling of my soft blanket and comfort. Until my dad burst into my room. Disrupting my relaxing vibe, telling me to do the dishes. I got up and did the dishes, but doing that turned into doing my brothers chores, and then I had to start dinner. By the time I finished, my mom was home, and it was time to eat. I sat at the table smiling because I couldn't stop thinking about Natasha. My family looked at me like I was crazy but ignored it.

...

It's finally Friday and me and Natasha and I talked for a while. She told me that her friends call her Nat, so I assume I'm her friend now.

...
I got home, and I'm just glad it's finally the weekend. All of a sudden, Lena calls me and asks if I wanted to come over and watch a movie with her and her sister. Then, when I asked her why she didn't invite Kate, she started freaking out.

Lena: You're on speaker!!!

??: Ooooo. Lena likes someone!!!

That's when Lena took it off speaker and asked how I knew. It was obvious. But anyway, I accepted the offer to come over. Which is severally unlike me, but if I want friends, I'm going to have to put in effort. Now, I have to get my mother to take me.

...

After an hour of begging at the dinner table, she finally agreed. Once she dropped me off, she left. Whatever, I'm just ready to turn 18. I knock on the door, and after about 3 seconds, Natasha's there. She looked surprised, just as much as I was. I smiled, not wanting to stand there awkwardly.

Y: Hey Natasha. I didn't know you lived here. Yelana invited me over.

N: Oh, come on in.

She seemed tense and still surprised. I didn't mind it, tho and walked over to Lena. We sat on the couch and talked for a bit, but until Nat came back downstairs. She told us that her friend couldn't come. Lena started making fun of her, but I didn't care.

We all got the snacks, and then it was time to pick a movie. Lena wanted to watch The Leprechaun, which I hate scary movies, and Nat didn’t seem to like the idea either. Then Lena was just kidding. She suggested Miracle, but Nat shut that down talking about how they're Russian. After a while, Nat decided that we could watch Wednesday, and if I was ok with it, I could go to their house after school, and we could binge it. I, of course, agreed.

...

After that, things changed. Me and Nat hung out a lot more. Going places and chilling, which is something I never really did, and now Lena won't stop teasing me about her sister and I. But while we're in private, Lena tells me about I'm a changed woman and starts making fun of my type

Lena pov:
Yeah, I knew they liked each other. And it's all thanks to me. I set them up, and they hit it off. The next step of my plan is to actually have a full conversation with Kate Bishop.
.........

Well, this is about a week of writing after the first one, so again, I didn't forget about yall. I still have the same stressful things going on. I just wanna say that I'm glad to be able to write on here. Before I even had this app, I would write down stories in a notebook and would hide it under my mattress. Anywayyyyysssss, have a good day/ night, and I'll try to write more. 🫶