Chapter 22

“See me at rooftop later.”

Soobin looks back before he takes his seat when Yeonjun whispered it when he passed by him. Soobin just nods and take a seat. Beomgyu noticed it and he throws glare at Yeonjun.

“Hey, what did he said? You shouldn’t do what he always says,” Beomgyu stops his friend.

“I’ll be fine, Beomgyu. Don’t worry,” Soobin smiles for assurance.

Beomgyu just sigh for a second before nodding and the teacher went it to start the day with a greeting. “Good morning everyone! I will post now your ranks for the recent grading and I will mention the top 10. Guys, not being in the highest ranks means you shouldn’t feel proud of yourselves, okay? Always congratulate yourself and I am really proud of you all because everyone passed! To start at the bottom, top 10 is…”

“…top 5, Choi Beomgyu!”

“Congratulations, Gyu!” Soobin greeted his friend and smiles at him.

“Didn’t really expect it tho? I’m always below top 5,” Beomgyu chuckles and smiles.

“…top 2, Choi Yeonjun!”

“Oh? How did it happen?” Beomgyu wondered.

Soobin who doesn’t have any idea shrugged his shoulders. Actually, this is the first time that Soobin knew that Yeonjun always tops on class because he never saw him really studying. Everyone was surprised and confused but they still clap for him.

“And our top 1, let’s clap for Choi Soobin!” their teacher announces. “You’re only point three away from Kang Taehyun’s general average! Congratulations!”

“Whoa! Damn! Bud, you’re so cool!” Beomgyu compliments his bestie and they both laughs.

Soobin didn’t expect it since he almost went out of track when Hansol started bugging him but good thing he still managed. Everyone clapped for him in amused even Choi Yeonjun.

“Smartass,” Yeonjun commented under his breath.

The class started again for a new lessons and they all paid attention. After the whole morning class, it’s already lunch time. Soobin and Beomgyu went out of their classroom when Soobin noticed Yeonjun walking away and their eyes briefly meet.

“Ah Beomgyu, you can go ahead and eat first. I’ll be late,” Soobin said.

“Hey, are you really going to meet him? Don’t,” Beomgyu tried to stop him.

Soobin smiles, “It’s okay! I’ll be back!” Soobin runs heading to the staircase.

Beomgyu just sighs as he looks at his friend. He doesn’t know what should he feel, will he be anxious because Yeonjun might beat him again or will he just shrug those thoughts because he knows Soobin can fight back?

But the thing is Soobin’s not defending himself even if he knows how. Why? Beomgyu’s wondering about it as well. If Soobin can crush others easily then why can't he with Yeonjun?