Chapter 36

“I’m sorry for acting like that. I should have considered your feelings. Your big bro’s really sorry.”

Yeonjun sticks the flower on the glass and smiles while looking at his brother’s picture beside his jar. He just loves his brother so much that’s why he acted like that.

Truthfully, the bad news reached Yeonjun a week after it happened. There’s so much family occasions happened because that’s when his dad got promoted as well as his mom so he didn’t have the time to check up Jaemin and when he visited their house, that’s when he found out.

“You told me to take care of him but look at what I did— I’m so stupid,” he looks down, feeling sorry to his brother. “B-but I can still do it, right? I can still take care of him but— damn,” he paused. “How am I supposed to do that?”

Yeonjun sighs and looked at the little space where his brother’s remains are and smiles. “I’ll try, Jaemin. I’m sorry and I really miss you so much.”

After visiting the columbarium, he started walking. He’s in Ansan, visiting his brother and letting out thoughts that have been kept in his mind for so long.

He reached a convenient store and he started eating in there. He’s peacefully doing his own thing when he saw some students picking up a fight to another kid, extorting him.

Of course, he never cared about it but he just found it annoying.

“Hey, what are you guys?” Yeonjun asks them when he went out of the store, hands in the pockets of his pants.

“Who the hell are you? Go away. Mind your own business,” one of them taunts Yeonjun.

Yeonjun walks towards them and hangs his arms around the kids. “How much do you want? I’ll give you some,” Yeonjun negotiated in his cool way of saying it.

“500,000 won, why? Can you give it?”

“Of course! 500,000 hits if you won’t leave this kid alone,” his voice suddenly went serious and glared.

The bully smirks, “Do I look like I find it funny, huh? You motherfucker!” he cursed and they all went to Yeonjun.

Yeonjun started fighting the five kids, he managed to knock the two but then the other three have woods and even knife. Yeonjun’s now really annoyed because he never knew this will happen.

“Hey kiddos!”

The kids looked back and Yeonjun recognized that voice. “It’s Soobin,” one of the bully muttered.

Yeonjun saw Soobin walks towards them, wearing a plain white T-shirt, plaid pajamas, with plastic bag on his right hand, and holding a popsicle ice cream.

“What are you all doing here? Shouldn’t you be at school?” Soobin asks them.

“Y-yeah! W-we’re sorry! Let’s go, faster!” the kids started dragging the two who’s knocked out and runs. Probably scared because they know what Soobin did to Yul before.