Chapter 39

“Son, what’s that you are doing? And here’s your milk.”

“Oh, j-just something, mom,” Soobin replied while busy doing something with thread and needle.

“I already saw that thing before, right? I thought you lost that bracelet alreay?” his mom asks.

“Yes mom but I eventually found it and look, I’m done,” he paused and showed what he did to his mom. “It’s a keychain now! It’s so cute, right?”

“Why is my son so happy over such little thing?” she chuckles and ruffles Soobin’s hair.

“Why mom?”

“I want mommy to see you smile more like that, my baby. Please?”

Soobin giggles and smiles even wider, eyes almost close. “Yes mom! I will!”

How can Soobin explain to his mom that the reason why he’s smiling right now is actually the same person why he got so devastated last time?

“For today’s activity, we’ll be discussing about your career path. Since few months left away from your graduation, make sure that you already have the courses you’re going to take on college, especially those who passed the CSAT exams. So, we’ll do it by pair. I have the recent list in here…”

“Aren’t we partners the last time?” Soobin recalls.

“Yeah, I think,” Beomgyu agrees.

“…okay so Soobin and Yeonjun— oh right, this was changed to Beomgyu—“

“It’s okay, ma’am,” Soobin stands up. “I-it’s fine,” he continued.

“What are you doing?” Beomgyu whispered, frowning.

“Will it really be okay to you? Oh well, that’s good so you two will reconcile,” Ms. Lee replied and continued calling names then Soobin takes his seat.

“What was that?” Beomgyu asked him in confusion.

“It’ll be okay. Everything’s on the past,” Soobin smiled of assurance.

That’s exactly what Soobin assured him last time but ended up getting hurt.

“Okay, sit with your pairs now,” the teacher instructed and Soobin moves to where Yeonjun is.

Suddenly, all eyes are on them. All went quiet. For the past month, these two never ever been on the same activity. They never saw them look or talk to each other even cross on each other paths but now they are seeing the two doing their own thing.

“Don’t you have activities to do? Continue staring and I’ll take out all your eyes!” Yeonjun yelled at them and everyone started doing their thing.

Soobin simply put his hand on Yeonjun’s thigh under the desk to calm him down. Yeonjun looked at him and the frown in his face fades then Soobin smiled at him.