Chapter 50

“Bae, you sure about this?”

“Let’s go with it, Bae,” Beomgyu replied and sighs.

“B-but… Okay then. Okay, at least confess about what you’re feeling to Soobin first,” Taehyun suggested and stirs his coffee.

Beomgyu closed his laptop and looked at Taehyun who’s at his kitchen, wearing his oversized shirts and casually drinking coffee. He went to Beomgyu right after he get back from China.

“Should I?” Beomgyu asks.

“Of course! You’ll never know! What if he heard you confess and it will make him realizes your worth? Give it a shot,” Taehyun pursues him.

Beomgyu sighs again. “Knowing Soobin… I don’t think he’ll love me back. I don’t know, I just feel like after what happened to him, he shouldn’t be involved in any relationship first,” Beomgyu stated.

Taehyun nods as he agrees and sips his coffee. “You’re right. Well, it’s on you. I just don’t want all those feelings to go on waste after decade of taking care of him,” Taehyun replied.

“It’s not going to go waste, Bae. It was my own volition anyway… to protect him and take care of him,” Beomgyu said and smiles.

“I hate you for being that sweet to him and I hate it more because he only sees you as friend,” Taehyun rolled his eyes. “It’s not like we’re still kids or what. We’re on our late twenties already,” he complaints.

“His feelings are valid, Taehyun. What he experience isn’t just a high school fluttering moment. It was his true love that ghosted him or love bombed him whatever the hell this generation calls it,” Beomgyu defended.

“Enough of that,” he pauses. “Yeonjun’s coming back.”

“What?”

“Hueningkai messaged me about it… He said they’ll come back,” Taehyun repeated.

Beomgyu pokes the inside of his cheek through his tongue. “Why does he need to comeback at this crucial moment?”

“What are you going to do?” Taehyun asks.

“I don’t know. My priority is to make sure Soobin’s safe and fine.”

“Doc Soob! What coffee do you want? I’ll buy,” an intern asked Soobin who’s busy looking at his patient’s chart.

Soobin stretches his back and arms then stand up. “I’ll do it, intern Oh.”

“Yes? No, I can do it, doc!” intern Oh insisted.

Soobin smiles and taps the intern’s shoulder. “Just stay in here, I want to go out for a bit,” Soobin said and then takes of his lab coat and went out.

Soobin went to his usual café, because it’s the closest to the hospital and he’s even a friend of the baristas and staffs already. He ordered his usual coffee and waits for it while looking outside the café.