2 New Friends

Five, I went through five Wands before he finally found mine. The whole time I was scared I would never get one and this was all a mistake.

He handed my new Wand over to me.

    "This is a very powerful Wand." He told me, I smile picking up all my things and heading for the door. "But I think you will find that it's not just the Wand doing the magic."

     "What do you mean?" I ask him.

     "In time you will know." He says and I leave the shop.

I went back the way I came in. I decided to wait in the Leaky Cauldron until it was time for me to go.
I flipped through the pages of my newly bought books.

————

When I finally arrived home I instantly went to my room to put all my new stuff in before I went downstairs to show my Mother and Father the letter. They obviously had to know that I was going.

After an extremely short discussion and scan over the letter they both agreed to let me go.

September 1st

I pushed my trolley through the crowds of people at King's Cross Station.
I had been wandering around for a while unsure where platform 9 3/4 was, until, out of the corner of my eye I saw a very odd site.
I watched a boy with dark brown hair and round glasses and a boy with red hair run straight into a wall, and they didn't crash like what would be expected, no, the went straight through it.
I push over to the exact spot they disappeared through.
I took a deep breath and tightened my grip around the handle before I ran straight for the brick wall.
I waited for myself to crash into the wall but I never did. I opened my eyes.
I wasn't where I was before well not exactly.
I stared in amazement at the shiny red train that stood on the tracks. As I walked up to it I read the sign on the front of it, 'HOGWARTS EXPRESS,' so I was definitely in the right place.

I got on the train and soon it started to move. I walked down the train unable to find an open compartment. Finally I came to one that two boys sitting in it, the boys I saw at the station. I stand in the open door way.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but is it alright if I sit here with you, there's nowhere else to go?" I asked.

"Come right in." The redhead said.
I smiled and sat down beside the boy with dark brown hair and round glasses with some tape wrapped around the middle.

"I'm (Y/n) Black." I introduced myself.

"Ron Weasley." The redhead said not really paying attention when I said my last name.

    "Harry Potter." The other boy said.

I thought about his name for a bit, for where I had heard it before till it hit me, Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived, I read about him.

     "Anything off the trolley, dears?" A old lady asked as she stood in the doorway with a trolley full of sweets.

    "No thanks. I'm all set." Ron said sadly holding up a sandwich.

     "No thank you." I told her, I didn't really have enough money to just spend it all on sweets.

     "We'll take the lot." Harry said as her dug into his pocket and pulled out a couple gold coins.

The three of us enjoyed eating all the candy Harry had bought.

     "These aren't real frogs, are they?" Harry asked as he looked at a little package.
I found another one and picked it up.

    "It's just a spell. Besides, it's the card you want. Each pack's got a famous witch or Wizard. I've got about 500 myself." Ron told us.

I watched as Harry opened his up and a little chocolate frog jumped out and onto the window.

    "Watch it!" Ron warned Harry.
But it was too late the little frog climbed up the glass and jumped out the small open window at the top. I put my chocolate frog down not exactly wanting to eat something that is moving, even if it is just a spell.

     "Ah, that's rotten luck. They've only got one good good jump in them to begin with." Ron explained.

I leaned over and looked at the card in Harry's hand.

    "I've got Dumbledore!" Harry said excitedly.

    "I've got about 6 of him." I look up at Ron as he speaks.

    "Hey, he's gone!" Harry said. I look down at the card in his hand and sure enough Dumbledore was gone.

    "Well, you can't expect him to hang around all day, can you?" Ron explained.

I then heard a strange squeaking noise, I looked down into Ron's lap and saw a rat with his head inside a jellybean box.

     "This is Scabbers, by the way. Pathetic isn't he?" Ron said as he must of noticed Harry and I looking.

    "Just a little bit." Harry agreed.

I kept looking at the rat, it just gave me an uneasy feeling.

   "Fred gave me a spell to turn him yellow. Want to see?" Ron asked.

    "Yeah." Harry and I both said.

Ron took out his wand and pointed it at the rat. He cleared his throat, but just as he was about to start a girl with wild brown curly hair interrupted.

    "Has anyone seen a toad? A boy named Neville has lost one." She explained.

   "No." Ron said.

    "Sorry no." I say nicer.

   "Oh! Are you doing magic? Let's see then." She said as she must of noticed Ron's wand.

    "Sunshine, daisies, butter, mellow, turn this stupid, fat rat yellow" Ron violently shook the wand at the rat. The box shot off the rats head but to my disappointment the rat did not turn yellow.

    "Are you sure that's a real spell?" The girl asked. "Well, it's not very good is it. Of course, I've only tried a few simple ones myself. But they've all worked for me."
The girl took out her wand and sat in front of Harry and beside Ron. 

    "For example..." She pointed the wand at Harry's face. "Oculus Reparo." The tape on the glasses quickly disappeared revealing perfectly intact glasses. "That's better, isn't it?"

Harry briefly took off his glasses to look at them with amazement before returning them to his face.

    "Holy cricket. Your Harry Potter!" The girl said amazed. "I'm Hermione Granger. And... you two are?" She asked looking at me then Ron who sat beside her.

    "Um... Ron Weasley." Ron said with his mouth full of food. Hermione then looked at me.

    "(Y/n) Black." I smile.

    "Pleasure" Hermione said disgusted by Ron. "You three better change into your robes. I expect we'll be arriving soon."
Hermione then stood up and walked over to the door. But before she left she turned back to Ron.

    "You've got dirt on your nose, by the way. Did you know? Just there." She pointed to a spot on her own nose then she walked off.