23 She's Gone Mental

The holidays had passed, I stay at Hogwarts Christmas. It was a couple months later, and Hagrid got back from the hearing about what would happen with Buckbeak, after the incident with Draco.

    "Beautiful day." Hermione smiled as we walked out.

     "Gorgeous. Unless, of course you've been ripped to pieces!" Ron said.

    "Ripped to pieces?" Harry question.

     "What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

      "Ronald has lost his rat." Hermione sighed.

      "I haven't lost anything! Your cat killed him!" Ron claimed.

    "Rubbish." Hermione told him.

     "Harry, (Y/n), you two have seen the way that bloodthirsty beast of hers... is always lurking about. Scabbers is gone." Ron told us.

    "Well, maybe you should take better care of your pets!" Hermione turned around face, Ron.

    "Your cat killed him!" Ron repeated.

    "Did not." Hermione denied.

   They went back and fourth like that for a bit. We walked down to the lake to find Hagrid. He was all dressed up from the Ministry and was standing in the lake up to his knees, skipping stones.

   "How did it go, Hagrid? The hearing?" I ask.

    "Well, first off, the committee members took turns, talking about why we were there. I got up and did my peace. Said how Buckbeak was a good Hippogriff, always cleans his feathers. And then Lucius Malfoy got up. Well, you can imagine. He said Buckbeak was a deadly and dangerous creature who will kill you as soon as look at you."

    "And then?" Hermione asked.

    "And then he asked for the worst, did old Lucius." Hagrid said.

    "They're not sucking you!" Ron said.

    "No, I'm not sacked." I was relieved when Hagrid said that until he told us what actually happened. "Buckbeak's been sentenced to death!"

    "That's not fair." I say.

————

"That is preposterous Mr. Weasley. How could Sirius Black possibly get through the portrait hole." Professor McGonagall said.
It was around midnight and we all stood in the Common Room. Ron said that Sirius Black was in his room and was attempting to stab him.

"I don't know how he got in I was a bit busy dogging his knife." Ron told her.

"Percy, have you seen Sir Cadogan?" McGonagall asked, he was taking the place of the Fat Lady as she refused to return while Sirius Black is out. Sir Cadogan was quite annoying changing the password every day.

"I.. um." Percy looked around. "Oh, he's there Professor." Percy pointed at a painting.

"Sir Cadogan? Sir Cadogan." Professor McGonagall called trying to get his attention as he messed around with the people in the other paintings.

"How may I serve you ma'am?" Sir Cadogan asked.

"Is it possible that you let a mysterious man into Gryffindor Tower tonight?" McGonagall asked.

"Certainly good lady he had the password. Checkmate." He messed another painting's game of chess up. "He had the whole weeks In fact. On the little piece of paper."

"Exactly which foolish person wrote down the passwords and then proceeded to lose them?" Professor McGonagall turned around looking at Neville. "Is it always going to be you Longbottom?"

"I'm afraid so ma'am." Neville looked down.

"Well." McGonagall sighed. "Sirius Black is gone tonight. I think you can all safely assume that he will at some future time, attempt to return. Now I speak for the entire staff when I say, while we take every precaution to ensure your safety it has come upon yourselves to act responsibly under stood?"

"Yes Professor." We mumbled.

"Very well and off you go. And remember act responsibly." McGonagall left as everyone made their way back to the dorms.

I sat in my bed awake thinking about it, why would he go after Ron, Harry was in the room and he went after Ron.

————

"Broaden your minds." Trelawney told us as I sat with Ron and Harry around the small table with a crystal ball. Ron was asleep and I was fighting sleep. "You must look beyond. The art of crystal gazing is in the clearing of the inner eye. Only then can you see. Try again. Now, what do we have here, hmm?" Trelawney looked at us. Harry and I sat up straight as I elbowed Ron waking him up.

"Oh, do you mind me trying?" Hermione asked.

"Ah... ah." Trelawney smiled.

"The Grim... possibly." Hermione said.

"My dear, from the first moment you stepped foot in my class. I sensed that you did not possess the proper spirit for the noble art of Divination. No, you see, there? Ah, you may be young in years but the heart that beats beneath your blosom is as shriveled as an old maid's. Your soul, as dry as the pages of the books to which you so desperately cleave, mm-hmm." Trelawney told Hermione.

Hermione angrily got up purposely knocking the crystal ball off the table and stormed out.

"Have I said something?" Trelawney asked confused.

———

"She's gone mental, Hermione has. I mean, not that she wasn't always mental, but now it's out in the open for everyone to see." Ron said as we left the class walking down the spiral stairs.

"Hang on." Harry said bending down and picking up the crystal ball that Hermione knocked. "We better take this back."

"I'm not going back." Ron told him.

"Sorry, I don't wanna go either." I say.

"Fine. See you two later." Harry walk back.

"See you." I say and continue down the stairs with Ron.

————

It was the day of the execution. Ron, Harry, Hermione and I were making our way to Hagrid's. We passed by a man dressed in black wearing as mask, slowly sharpening his large axe blade.

    "I can't believe they're gone to kill Buckbeak. It's just too horrible." Hermione said.

    "It just got worse." Ron said as we stepped out.