18 Train

Slowly, Harry opened his eyes and looked.
Hermione handed him his glasses. He thanked her and sat up.

    "Here, eat this. It'll help." Lupin offered a piece of chocolate to Harry. "It's all right. It's chocolate."
Harry took it slightly cautious.

    "What was that thing that came?" Harry asked.

   "It was a Dementor. One of the guards of Azkaban. It's gone now." Lupin told Harry. "It was searching the train for Sirius Black. If you'll excuse me, I need to have a little word with the driver. Eat. You'll feel better." Lupin got up and left.

    "What happened to me?" Harry asked.

    "Well, you sort of went rigid. We thought maybe you were having a fit or something." Ron told him.

    "And did any of you three... pass out?" Harry wondered.

    "No." Ron said. "It felt weird though. Like I'd never be cheerful again."

    "But someone was screaming." Harry said. "A woman."

    "No one was screaming." I said.

————

We sat in the great hall. Sorting ceremony had already finished.

   "Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts. Now, I'd like to say a few words... before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin... who's kindly consented to fill the post... of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. Good luck, Professor." Dumbledore announced.
Everyone clapped for the man that stood up, he was the man that helped us in the train.

    "Of course. That's why he knew to give you the chocolate, Harry." Hermione said.

    "Potter. Potter." We hear somebody call, return to see Malfoy. "Is it true you fainted? I mean, you actually fainted?" Malfoy and his friends laughed.

    "Shut your mouth Draco." I say.

    "How did he find out?" Harry wondered.

     "Just forget it." Hermione told him.

    "Our Care of Magical Creatures teacher..." We turned back to Dumbledore. "Has decided to retire... in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce... that his place will be taken by none other... then our own Rubeus Hagrid." The four of us cheered louder than everyone else. "Finally, on a more disquieting note... at the request of the Ministry of Magic... Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the Dementors of Azkaban... until such a time as Sirius Black is captured. The Dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now, whilst I've been assured... that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities... a word of caution. Dementors are vicious creatures. They'll not distinguish between the one they hurt, and the one who gets in their way. Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you... to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a Dementor to be forgiving. But you know, happiness can be found... even in the darkest of times... if one only remembers to turn on the light."

It felt like I had everyone's eyes on me at the mention of my Dad.

————

We all went up to the common room afterwards. The Fat Lady was being a bit stubborn and wouldn't open straight away until she broke a glass with her voice. She didn't of course, and just pretended she did, but eventually let us in.

The boys were loud I could hear them laughing. Harry and Ron actually invited me to join to have some fun but I passed. I thought deeply on my Father. I didn't want the Dementors to get him, he is my Father.

————

"Welcome my children. In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination." Professor, Trelawney introduced. She was an odd woman, I don't think everything's going right up there, but I didn't clean too much. I sat a small table with Harry and Ron. "Together we shall cast ourselves into the future. This term, we'll focus on Tasseomancy, the art of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite you."
There were three of us at a table, so I took Ron's Harry took mine, and Ron took Harry's.
"The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read. But first, you must broaden your minds."

"Where did you come from?" Harry asked. I always jump when I see Hermione sitting at the table, but she always had been there.

"Me?" She questioned confused. "I've been here all this time." I watch her hands tuck something under her shirt, but I didn't see what it was.

I turn back around to see the Professor behind me talking to Ron. "Your aura is pulsing, dear. Are you in the beyond?" Ron gulped nervously. "Look at the cup. Tell me what you see."

"Yeah. Um, well... I think Harry's got sort of a wonky cross. That's trials and suffering. And that there could be the sun and that's happiness. So... you are going to suffer, but you're gonna be happy about it." Ron told Harry.

"Give me the cup." She asked, it barely touched her fingers when she dropped it straight away, stumbling back, scared. "Oh my dear boy. My dear... you have the Grim."

    "The Grim? What's the Grim?" Seamus asked.

    "Taking the form of a giant spectral dog." A kid spoke. "It's among the darkest omens in our world. It's an omen... of death."

—————

"You don't think that Grim things got anything to do with Sirius Black?" Ron wondered as we walked to our next class. It was outside and it was Hagrid's class.

"Honestly, Ron. If you ask me, Divination's a woolly discipline. Now, Ancient ruins, that's a fascinating subject." Hermione said.

"Ancient ruins? Exactly how many classes are you taking?" Ron asked.

"A fair few." Hermione claimed as if it wasn't a big thing.

"Wait. Isn't ancient ruins, the same time as Divination?" I asked Hermione. "It's not possible."

"You'd have to be in two classes at once." Ron said.

"Don't be silly. How could anyone be in two classes at once?" Hermione told us.