3 Gryffindor

When I step out of the train it was dark. All the first years were going towards this very large man. He had a big bushy beard and long hair that blended with the beard.

     "Hello Harry." The man said as Harry, me, and Ron walked up.

"Hey Hagrid." Harry smiled up at the man.

    "Whoa!" Ron gasped looking up at Hagrid.

    "Right then, this way to the boats. Come on follow me." Hagrid said and let us three and the rest of the first years to the boats.

I was in a boat with Harry and Ron. The boats moved by them selves. I stared at the giant school that looked like an old castle on top of a hill. It was beautiful.

————

We climbed up the stone stairs. After a few flights we were met by a old lady dressed in a green robe and a black witch hat on her head.

    "Welcome to Hogwarts. Now in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates, but before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Now while you're here your house will be like your family, your triumphs will earn you points, any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year the house with is the most points is awarded the house cup." The lady told us all but was interrupted by a boy.

"Trevor!" The boy ran forward and knelt down in front of the lady and picked up a small brown toad. The boy then got up and quietly walked back to the rest of us. "Sorry." He apologized.

    "Sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." The lady said then walked away.

    "It's true then, what there saying on the train, Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." A confident boy said. He has blonde hair that was slicked back. When he announced Harry's arrival the other first years started to whisper more in amazement. "This is Crabbe and Goyle." The boy said introducing the two boys standing beside him. "And I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." The blonde boy said walking up to Harry.
Ron let out a laugh causing Draco to shoot his head in Ron's direction.

"Think my name's funny, do you?" Draco rudely said to Ron. "No need to ask yours. Red hair and a hand-me-down robe, you must be a Weasley." He then turned back to Harry. "You'll soon find out that some Wizarding families are better than others Potter, you don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort." Draco looked at Ron for a moment before turning back to Harry and continued to speak. "I can help you there." Draco held out his hand for Harry to shake.

Harry looked down at Malfoy's hand then back to his face. "I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks."
Draco looked at Harry angrily till he was tapped on the shoulder with a scroll by the lady wearing green.
Draco scowled once more at Harry before going back to Crabbe and Goyle.

    "We're really for you now, follow me." The lady said.
She lead up through two giant wooden doors and what was inside was amazing.

It was a giant hall, well lit with floating candles and fire's, the ceiling looked like the night sky. There were four large tables that went from one end of the room to the other they were all packed with kids yet there was still space for more. At the end of the hall there was a long table facing towards us, I'm guessing that the people who are sitting there are  the teachers. A couple of the teachers stood out to me, the first one was an old man with a long white beard, he sat in the middle on a big fancy gold chair, he must be the headmaster, Dumbledore. The next one sat at the edge of the table, he was dressed in all black and was a little scary, he kept his eyes on Harry. The last one sat beside the man dressed in black, he wore a purple turban on his head, he just gave me an uneasy feeling.
I turned my eyes back to the front where the lady wearing green was. She stood beside a stool with an old looking brown pointed hat. She held a parchment in her hand as she picked up the hat.

    "Before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words." The lady said.

    "I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years, please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you that the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds, to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." Professor Dumbledore sat back down.

    "Now, when I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the Sorting Hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses."

    "Hermione, Granger!" She called.

    "Oh no. Okay relax." Hermione told herself,trying to keep calm as she walked up and sat on the stool.

   "Mental, that one, I'm telling you." Ron said quietly to Harry and I.

We watched as the Hat was lowered onto her head. After a bit the Hat shouted.

    "GRYFFINDOR!"

A table erupted into cheers and applauses as Hermione hopped off the stool towards the welcoming table.

    "Draco Malfoy." The lady called.
The Hat barely touched his head before shouting.

    "SLYTHERIN!"

This time a table in the back erupted into applause as Draco went to join them.

    "There's not a Witch or Wizard who went bad who wasn't in Slytherin." Ron said.

    "Susan Bones."
She was a Hufflepuff.

   "Ahh." Harry reached up to his forehead.

    "Harry?" Ron asked.

    "What is wrong?" I ask him.

    "Nothing, nothing I'm fine." Harry told us.

More names were called till it was Ron's turn, he was sorted into Gryffindor, but the whole shot time the Hat was on his head he looked terrified.

    "Harry Potter."
The whole hall went silent before it was filled with whispers at the mention of Harry's name.
I watched as Harry walked up and sat down on the stool getting the Hat lowered onto his head.
I looked around as every table watched harry eagerly, they all wanted Harry in their house.
After a bit of a wait the Hat shouted out.

    "GRYFFINDOR!"

The table cheered louder than ever as Harry got up to join them.

    "(Y/n) Black." Finally it was my turn. I felt sick for how nervous I was but made sure I didn't show it. At the mention of my last name the hall went silent and just like with Harry it was filled with whispers. Only they weren't exactly kind or welcoming. I walk up as sat down. I could feel everyone's eyes on me not in kind way, I felt like they all didn't want me here.
I felt the Hat get placed on my head, it's voice made me jump.

    "Mmmm, yes, a Black. But no, you are more like your Father, aren't you. Yes. You are very interesting. But, better be...GRYFFINDOR!"

I let out a sigh and I walked over to the cheering table. Not everyone was cheering but I spotted Harry, Ron and Hermione who looked genuinely happy for me to be joining Gryffindor. As I passed people gave me the side eye. I went and sat close beside Harry.