19 Professor Hagrid

We crowded around at Hagrid's Hut.

"That's it. Come on, now. Come closer. Less talking, if you don't mind." Hagrid politely asked. "I got a real treat for you today. A great lesson. So follow me."

We followed Hagrid into the woods, the sun nicely through the trees, creating quite a lot of shade, but making everything visible.

"Right, you lot. Less chattering. Form a group over there. And open your book to page 49." The books in question Hagrid was talking about was this strange book. I think it's alive. It had eyes and it was furry, it also had teeth, so any attempt open it, it would try and bite your hand off.

"Exactly how do we do that?" Draco asked.

"Just stroke the spine, of course. Goodness, me." Hagrid said like it was common knowledge.

I flipped the book over and stroked it's spine. The book calm down, and I was able to easily open it.
Hermione said her bag down on a rock as we are crowded in the area Hagrid pointed to.

"I think they're funny." Hermione said.

"Oh, yeah. Terribly funny." Draco commented. "Witty. God, this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until my Father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes. And keeping the Daughter of a murderer, she's probably the one that helped him escape room Azkaban." Crabbe and Goyle laughed.

"Shut up, Malfoy." Harry told him walking towards the blonde boy.

"Ooh..." Draco smiled, handing Crabbe his bag, and walking up to Harry. All the kids crowded around. Draco then stumbled back with a distressed look on his face and pointed behind Harry. "Dementor! Dementor!" Draco cried.
Harry quickly looked behind him, only to see nothing. Draco laughed with his friends and the Slytherin boys took up their hoods and pretended to be Dementor's.
I pulled Harry back and gave Draco a look.

"Just ignore him." I told him.

Hagrid cleared his throat and we all turned to him. "Tah-tah-dah-dah!" He presented some thing that resembled a horse in size and how it stood but it's face had a beak like a bird, and instead of fur, it had feathers, it also had wings. "Isn't he beautiful? Say hello to Buckbeak."

"Hagrid, exactly what is that?" Ron asked.

"That, Ron, is a Hippogriff." Hagrid said proudly. "First thing you want to know about Hippogriff's is that they're very proud creatures. Very easily offended. You don't want to insult a Hippogriff. It may just be the last thing you ever do. Now, who would like to come and say hello?" Quickly we all backed up except for Harry who is clueless. "Well done, Harry. Well done." Harry looked behind him, realizing what had happened.

Hagrid told Harry exactly what to do. Harry followed and bowed to it. Buckbeak didn't bow back at first but then when Harry stepped on a tweak it listened. Next Hagrid lifted hurry up onto the creature. We all watched as a creacher flew into the air with Harry on his back.
Harry was gone for about 5 minutes. But we came back down with Harry successfully.
Hagrid was congratulating Harry when Draco pushed forward walking towards the Hippogriff.

"You are not dangerous at all are you, you great ugly brute!" Draco said.
Kids screamed as Buckbeak flipped his wings angrily Draco. I wasn't scared. I just there and watched as the Hippogriff jumped up scratching Draco's arm. Hagrid was luckily able to calm down Buckbeak, but Draco kept on crying like a baby.

"It's killed me! It's killed me!" Draco wailed.

"Calm down. It's just a scratch!" Hagrid told him.

"Hagrid!" Hermione walked forward. "He hast to be taken to the hospital."

Hagrid lifted Draco up and they left as he dismissed the class.

——————

We sat I the great hall, studying.

"It comes and goes. Still, I consider myself lucky. Madame Pumphrey set another minute and I could've lost my arm." Draco over, exaggerated to his peers.

"Listen to the idiot." Ron said. "He's really laying it on thick isn't he?"

"At least Hagrid didn't get fired." Harry said.

"I hear Draco's Father's furious. We haven't heard the end of this." Hermione said.

"I feel bad it was only his first day." I say talking about Hagrid.

"He's been sighted! He's been sighted!" Seamus yelled placing a newspaper on the table.

"Who?" Ron asked.

"Sirius Black!" Seamus answered.

I hurry over, pulling the paper a bit closer to me.

    "Dufftown?" Hermione read. "That's not far from here."

    "You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?" Neville worried.

    "With Dementors at every entrance?" A kid said.

     "Dementors? He's already slipped past them once. Who's to say he won't do it again." Seamus reminded everyone.

    "That's right. Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. Like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands." A kid explained.

      "It's probably her fault." A boy blamed pointing at me as I got up and headed for my dorm.

     "I'm sorry?" I question.

       "You're probably as crazy as he is." Someone else said.

    "I've done nothing wrong." I say.

      "Your his Daughter. He'll come because of you." The boy blamed.

—————

We stood in the classroom defence against the dark arts, staring at the cupboard. Something was inside trying to get out.

    "Intriguing, isn't it?" Lupin said. "Would anyone like to venture a guess... as to what is inside?"

    "That's a Boggart, that is."

   "Very good, Mr. Thomas. Now, can anybody tell me what a Boggart looks like?" Lupin wondered.

     "No one knows." Hermione spoke up.

     "When did she get here?" Ron asked.

    "Boggart's are shape shifters. They take the shape of whatever a person fears the most. That's what makes them so—" Hermione explains.

    "So terrifying, yes, yes, yes..." Lupin walk to the front. "Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a Boggart. Let's practice it now. Without wands, please. After me. Riddikulus!"

    "Riddikulus!" We all repeated.

    "Very good. A little louder and very clear. Listen: Riddikulus!" Lupin spoke clearly.

    "Riddikulus!" I said louder, keeping my hands still.

    "Very good. So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a Boggart is laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Let me explain. Neville, would you join me, please?" Lupin asked. "Come on, don't be shy. Come on." Neville nervously walked forward joining Lupin. "Hello, Neville, what frightens you most of all?"

    "Professor Snape." Neville answered.

    "Professor Snape." Lupin held in a laugh. "Yes, frightens all. I believe you live with your grandmother."

    "Yes, I don't want it to turn into her, either." Neville said.

    "No..." Lupin shook his head. "It won't. I want you to picture her clothes. Only her clothes, very clearly in your mind."

    "She carries a red handbag-" Neville started.

    "We don't need to hear. As long as you see it, we'll see it. Now, when I open that wardrobe... here's what I want you to do. Excuse me." Lupin walked behind Neville and whispered in his ear. "Can you do that? Yes. Wand at the ready. One, two, three."
Lupin gently pointed with his wand, and the door swung open.