14 Hagrid

I stood in front of Hermione's stall. It took at lot of taking before she gave in opening the door. I stared at the fur covering her face, she had large cat ears sticking out of her head and a long furry tail.
When the boys returned the talk was successful but it wasn't Draco.
Hermione would be in the hospital wing for a couple of days until she stops coughing up fur balls.

—————

We were walking through the halls where we entered a part that was flooded with water. We ran through the halls walking into the bathroom. All the faucets were turned on. Moaning Myrtle was crying in the window.

"Come to throw something else at me?" She asked.

"Why would I throw something at you?" Harry asked her.

"Don't ask me. Here I am, minding my own business... and someone thinks it's funny to throw a book at me." She sobbed.

"But it can't hurt if someone throws something at you. I mean, I'll just go right through you." Ron said.

She flew right up to Ron. "SURE! Let's all throw books at Myrtle because she can't feel it. Ten points if you get it through her STOMACH!" Her first went through Ron's stomach. "Fifty points if it goes through her head!" She punched through Ron's head.

"But who threw it at you, anyway?" Harry asked.

"I don't know. I didn't see them." Myrtle spoke in a sweet voice to Harry. "I was just sitting in the
U-bend, thinking about death... and it fell through the top of my head." She flew away sobbing.
We then spotted a black book laying in the water. Harry walked up to it picking it up.

————

We walked together, Hermione was well but Harry found something in the book.

     "It was Hagrid. Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets 50 years ago." Harry said.

     "It can't be Hagrid." I say.

    "We don't even know this Tom Riddle. He sounds like a dirty, rotten snitch to me." Ron said.

    "The monster had killed somebody, Ron. What would any of us have done?" Harry asked.

     "Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we just go and ask him about it?" Hermione said.

    "That would be a cheerful visit. Hello, Hagrid. Tell us... have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?" Ron said.

    "Mad and hairy?" The voice of Hagrid asked behind us. "You wouldn't be talking about me, now, would you?"

    "No." We all said.

  We stood there awkwardly for a moment before Harry spoke. "What's that you've got, Hagrid?"

    "Oh, it's Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent. For the Mandrakes, you know? According to Professor Sprout, they've still got a bit of growing up to do, but once their acne's cleared up, we'll be able to chop them up and stew them, and then we'll get those people at the hospital un-Petrified. In the meantime, though, you four had best be looking after yourselves. All right?" Hagrid told us. As he walked away Neville came running up to us.

   "Harry..." He panted. "I don't know who did it, but you'd better come. Come on!"

We all run after Neville following him into Harry's dorm. It was a mess someone ripped his area apart looking for something paper, feathers and glass covered the floor.

    "It had to be a Gryffindor." Hermione said. "Nobody else knows our password."

    "Unless it wasn't a student." I say.

     "Whoever it was, they must have been looking for something." Ron said.

    "And they found it." Harry looked up. "Tom Riddle's diary is gone."

—————

A couple days later Professer McGonagall came and found me, with Harry and Ron she brought us to the hospital wing.

   "I warn you. This could be a wee bit of a shock." McGonagall told us.

We walked up to the bed at first I didn't believe it but I was real. Laying frozen in a walking position was Hermione. She was found near the library holding a mirror.

————

   "Could I have your attention, please?" Professor McGonagall called as she walked into the common room, Harry, Ron and I just came down from our dorms. "Because of recent events, these new rules will be put into effect immediately: All students will return to their house common rooms by 6:00 every evening. All students will be escorted to each lesson by a teacher. No exceptions. I should tell you this. Unless the culprit behind these attacks is caught... it is likely the school will be closed."

    "We've got to talk to Hagrid." Harry whispered to us as McGonagall left. "I can't believe it's him, but if he did set the monster loose last time, he'll know how to get inside the Chamber of Secrets."

   "That's a start." I agree.

    "But you heard McGonagall. We're not allowed to leave the tower except for class." Ron reminded us.

    "I think it's time to get my Dad's old Clock out again." Harry said.

    "Tonight." I say.

—————

It was dark, you could hear the crickets as we walked up Hagrid's steps and knocked.

The door opened and we saw Hagrid holding a crossbow. "Hello? Hello?" We took off the Cloak revealing ourselves.

    "What's that for?" I ask.

  "Oh, nothing. I was expecting... It doesn't matter. Come on in. I just made a pot of tea." Hagrid welcomed.

We didn't have much time to talk before someone knocked on the door. We hid under the Invisibility Cloak. As people came in. First Dumbledore with the minister of magic. And after that Draco's Father. Hagrid was brought to Askaban Prison and Dumbledore was forced to step down. But before Hagrid left he gave us a hint.

  "Follow the spiders."