10 Back

My Parents acted a lot different, they were far more cruel to me. I didn't understand why. I wrote many letters to Hermione, Harry and Ron but Harry never responded to any it was odd but I thought nothing of it.
I walked to Diagon Alley to purchase my new surprise. I had to buy these books written by a man that all the girls were swooning over. I didn't see what they saw and why they were so excited to buy the books.

———

I walked to the station and made it in time.
I waited with Hermione for Harry and Ron but they never came.

We went through the whole sorting ceremony without a sight of the two boys.

I went to bed, in the morning I found out that apparently Harry and Ron crashed a flying car into the whomping willow.

————

Our first class was Herbogy we were working with Mandrakes. They were these wrinkly little baby like things, were were replanting them. We had to wear ear muffins but we could still hear the creature screaming.

————

We sat in the great hall as Ron taped up his Wand.

    "Say it. I'm doomed." Ron groaned.

     "You're doomed." Harry told him.

    "Hi Harry." I turned around and am met by a blinding flash. "I'm Colin Creevey. I'm in Gryffindor too."

    "Hi, Colin. Nice to meet you." Harry said.

    "Ron, is that your owl?" Dean asked as a screech came from above.

I look up to see an owl holding a letter but instead of dropping it the owl flew right into a bowl of chips.
Students especially Slytherin laughed at the owl.

    "Bloody bird's a menace." Ron took the red letter from the bird's beak.
The owl then got up and flew away.

   "Oh, no." Ron's face went more pale than he already is.

   "Look everyone. Weasley's got himself a Howler." Seamus announced and everyone laughed more.

"Go on, Ron. I ignored one from my gran once. It was horrible." Neville said.
Ron flipped it over with his shaking hands he opened it.

"RONALD WEASLEY!" The letter screeched as it fell from Ron's hands. "HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOUR FATHER'S NOW FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK... AND IT'S ENTIRETY YOUR FAULT! IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE... WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME!" The letter then looked away from Ron. "And, Ginny, dear, congratulations on making Gryffindor. Your Father and I are so proud." It turned back to Ron sticking its tongue out before shredding itself.

————

I sat in my desk in Defence against the Dark Arts. I sat beside Hermione. The man who wrote the books stepped out of the office. Paintings of him were everywhere.

"Let me introduce you to your new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. Me." Lockhart smiled. "Gilderoy Lockhart... Order of Merlin, Third Class... honorary member of the Dark Force Defence League... and five times winner... of Witch Weekly's Most-Charming-Smile Award. But I don't talk about that." He stopped and smiled. "I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at him." He laughed keeping his smile. I looked over at Hermione to see her looking at him with dreamy eyes same as every other girl in the class. "Now, be warned. It is my job to arm you... against the foulest creatures known to Wizardkind." A cage on the desk ratted. "You may find yourself facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. I must ask you not to scream. It might provoke them."
He ripped off the cloth revealing many Cornish Pixies. I almost laughed but kept it in.

"Cornish Pixies?" I question.

"Freshly caught Cornish Pixies. Laugh if you will... but Pixies can be devilishly tricky little blighters. Let's see what you make of them." Lockhart pulled the open and the Pixies quickly flew out. "Come on now, round them up. They're only Pixies."
The Pixies flew everywhere, I swatted them out of my hair and ducked under the desk holding a book as a weapon.
I watched as two Pixies lift Neville up by his ears and hug him on the chandelier. All the other kids ran out of the room leaving Hermione, Ron, Harry, me and Neville, not by his choice of course.

"Get off me!" Hermione yelled.

"Stop hold still!" Harry told her smacking the Pixie out of her hair with a book.

The classroom was a complete mess paper and books everywhere, desks turned over.

"I'll ask you four to just nip the rest of them back into their cage." Lockhart told us before running in his office and locking the door.

"What do we do now?" Ron asked as we fought the Pixies off with books.

"Immobulus!" Hermione yelled and all the Pixies froze in their positions floating through the air.

"Why is it always me?" Neville asked.

—————

I was sitting with Ron and Hermione outside, we looked up to see both the Gryffindor and Slytherin teams.

   "Uh-oh. I smell trouble." Ron said as we got up and walked over.

    "I, professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team... permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker." Wood read from a scroll. "You've got a new Seeker. Who?"

A slicked back blonde hair boy stepped forward.

    "Malfoy?" Harry questioned.

    "That's right. And that's not all that's  new this year." Draco said. We look at the black brooms everyone on the Slytherin now had.

    "Those are Nimbus 2001s. How did you get those?" Ron asked.

    "A gift from Draco's Father." A older Slytherin boy said.

    "You see, Weasley, unlike some, my Father can afford the best." Draco smiled.

    "At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in." Hermione told him.

    "They got in on pure talent." I say.

    "No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood." Draco said walking close to Hermione before looking at me. "Or yours Blood-Traitor."

    "You'll pay for that one, Malfoy." Ron took out his taped up Wand. "Eat slugs!"
Ron was the one that shot backwards. Quickly everyone from Gryffindor ran over to him.

    "You okay, Ron?" Hermione asked as we reached him. His face was pale and he turned himself over.

    "Say something." I say.

He then threw up a live slug.

    "The spell backfired." I say looking at the slimy creature.

    "Wow! Can you turn him around, Harry?" Colin asked after flashing a picture.

   "No, Colin, get out of the way." Harry told him as we help Ron up and run him to Hagrid's.