35 Not Just Three

We walked down the stairs, exiting the class.

"Brilliant, isn't he?" Ron smiled. "Completely demented, of course, and terrifying to be in the same room with... but he's really been there, you know? He's looked evil in the eye."

"There's a reason those Curses are Unforgivable." Hermione turned her head to us. "To perform them in a classroom."

"Did you see Neville's face?" I sigh. "Professor Moody picked him on purpose."

We stop as we find Neville staring out, stain glass window looking out, not moving.

"Neville? Are you all right?" I question.

But just as I did, Professor Moody pushed his way down the stairs, putting his hand on Neville's shoulder. "Son?" Neville looked over at him. "You all right?" Neville give a nod. "Come on. We'll have a cup of tea. I want to show you something."
Professor Moody turned around, walking back up the stairs. Neville slowly followed him.

————

We sat in the grade hall the benches removed up to the side as the goblet was in the centre illuminating the whole room with his blue flame. There was a glowing circle around it. People were walking up, putting their names in followed by applause.

"Come on, Cedric. Put it in!" a group of the Hufflepuff boys friends pushed him in. I watched as Cedric looked up at the cup and dropped the piece of paper with his name inside. His friends and other people clapped for him.

He smiled at me and he turned around re-joining his friends.

"Eternal glory. Be brilliant, wouldn't it? Three years from now, when we're old enough to be chosen." Ron said as we walked around a cup.

" I think Harry already got that." I say.

"YES!" Fred and George yelled as they ran into the hall. Everyone clapped and cheered for them. "Thank you, thank you."

"Well, lads, we've done it." Fred smiled.

"Cooked it up just this morning." George said.

"It's not going to work." Hermione told them.
The two boys turned her and sat down beside her.

"Oh yeah?" Fred questioned.

"And why is that, Granger?" George asked.

"You see this?" She pointed. "This is an Age Line. Dumbledore drew it himself."

"So?" Fred asked.

"So." Hermione scoffed. "A genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled... by a dodge as pathetically dimwitted as an Aging Potion."

"But that's why it's so brilliant." George smiled.

"Because it's so pathetically dimwitted." Fred said.

The boys got up shaking little potions.

"Ready, Fred?"

"Ready, George."

"Bottoms up." They both said.
And cross their arms as they emptied the liquid into their mouths.
They then jumped over the ageing line successfully getting through.

We're nothing happened we all cheered.

"Yeah!" Both boys laughed. "Ready?"

They looked up at the goblet, both placing their names inside.

"Yes!" The boys high-fived as everyone cheered.
Suddenly, the flame went wild, and both Fred and George got thrown back. We looked over as a boy set up their hair, long and gray with bushy white beards.
They jumped at each other and started wrestling, rolling on the ground.

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" Everyone chanted and clapped.
But everyone went quiet as the doors opened again, and Viktor Krum, followed by his head master walked into the great hall.
I went and sat down beside Hermione as she read a book. I watched the boy as he walked up placing his name inside but before he left, he looked directly at Hermione and only Hermione giving her small smile.
I looked to Hermione and she had a small blush as she watched the boy leave.

————

Thursday night everyone crowded at the tables, benches, and some just stood by the wall, well, really, just Draco, Crab, and Goyle.

" sit down. Please." Dumbledore asked, I sat down beside Harry and Seamus. " now the moment you've all been waiting for: the champion selection." he slowly moved his hand across dimming the candle lights before he walked up to the goblet. The flames suddenly turned red, and a slip of paper flew out to landing in Dumbledore's hand. As soon as the paper left, the goblet of fire returned back to blue.

" the Durmstranf champion is Viktor Krum." Dumbledore announced.
Everyone cheered as the boys stood up, shaking Dumbledore's hand before going off.
The flames turned red again, and blue circular piece of paper flew out, landing in Dumbledore's hand once again. " the champion for the Beauxbatons... is Fleur Delacour."
The girls and everyone else cheered as the blonde haired girl stood up walking up to Dumbledore, shaking his hand, then going off the same way Viktor did. The flames turned red, and a small piece of paper flew out. " the Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory!"
Hufflepuff table cheered the loudest, but everybody else cheered equally as happy and overjoyed. Cedric walked up with a smile shaking Dumbledore's hand, and following the other two champions.

"Excellent! We now have our three champions. But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will host this chalice of champions... this vessel of victory... the tri-Wizard cup!" Dumbledore turned around, and a plane rag flew off something. A gorgeous silver cup was revealed. It seemed to be made of diamonds, causing it to glow. With silver handles and silver base.
But then my eyes feel back on the goblet as the flames Begin to go wild. Professor Snape also noticed this, and because of the odd look, he had Dumbledore turned around. He walked up to the cup as the flames turned red and a small piece of pipe. Schmidt soon was shot into the air, slowly floating down into Dumbledore's hand.

"Harry Potter." He mumbled quietly. "Harry Potter?"

" no, no." I shake my head.

"HARRY POTTER!" Dumbledore this time, shouted loudly.

" go on, Harry." Hermione shook his shoulder. " Harry, for goodness sake." Hermione shoved him forward.
Harry slowly walked up to Dumbledore passing by him. Of course, you did not receive any cheers or applause only glares as you follow the path of the other three champions. People called out that he was a cheat and how he wasn't 17 yet, the second one true, but I didn't think he put it in, I knew he didn't put it in.