4 Classes

When Professor Dumbledore announced the feast to begin food appeared magically on the table. Ron acted like he hadn't eaten in weeks.
I was a little surprised when a ghost flew through the table but everyone older took it as normal. But I couldn't completely ignore the looks people were giving me.

———

   "Gryffindors, follow me, please. Keep up." One of Ron's older brothers, Percy told us. We followed him through the old castle walls. "Thank you. This is the most direct path to the dormitories."
We reached the railing of the stairs. It was a tall column with many stairs and painting covering the walls.
    "Oh, and keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change." Percy told us.
I looked up watching in amazement as staircases moved. "Keep up, please, and follow me. Quickly, now, come on."
I looked away from the stairs above and ran up after Percy with Harry and Ron.

    "Look at that one." Ron pointed at the painting as the people inside moved.

    "Welcome to Hogwarts." A man in a painting greeted.

————

We walked down a corridor making it to a painting of a Fat Lady.

    "Password?" The Fat Lady asked.

    "Caput draconis." Percy answered.

   "Wow." We gasped as the painting opened.

    "Follow me, everyone." Percy instructed leading us inside. "Keep up. Quickly, come on."

We entered a large common room, it felt warm and cosy, there was a bright fire place and a chandelier. There were couches and chairs in front of the fire and other chairs and tables around the room.

    "Gather round here." Percy called. "Welcome to the Gryffindor common room. Boys dormitory, upstairs and down to your left, girls, the same on your right. You'll find all your belongings have already been brought up."

———

I ran up excitedly to my dorm. My stuff was placed on a bed beside the window. I shared the room with Hermione.

————

Our first class was Transfiguration, Hermione woke me up early so I wasn't late.
I sat in my desk beside Hermione as a grey cat sat on Professor McGonagall's desk I turned my head towards the door as the sound of feet on the stone came rushing in.

   "Whew. Made it." Ron breathed catching his breath with Harry. "Can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?"

The cat jumped in the air transforming into Professor McGonagall.

    "That was bloody brilliant." Ron said amazed.

    "Oh, thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps it would be more useful if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket watch? That way, one of you might be on time." Professor McGonagall told them.

    "We got lost." Harry said.

     "Then perhaps a map?" She said. "I trust you don't need one to find your seats?"

————

We next had Potions with Professor Snape. He burst through the door of the dim classroom and walked to the front. His black cloak flowed behind him as he walked.

   "There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle silence and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few... who possess the predispositon... I can teach you how to bewitched the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle flame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death.  Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention!" Professor Snape raised his voice on the last bit looking directly at Harry.
I elbowed him and he put his quill down looking up at Snape.

    "Mr. Potter." Professor Snape walked in front of him. "Our new celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"
Hermione who was sitting on the other side of me shot her hand eagerly in the air.

   "You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" Professor Snape questioned after Harry didn't answer the first one.

     "I-I don't know, Sir." Harry answered as Hermione's hand was high in the air.

   "And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfbane?" Professor Snape wondered as Hermione kept her hand up.

   "I don't know, Sir." Harry shook his head.

    "Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything... is it, Mr. Potter?"

————

Next was lunch we sat at our table in the great hall doing homework.
There was the hoot of an owl as more came flying in dropping mail down. Ron got a letter and newspaper.
   "Can I borrow this?" Harry asked Ron picking up the newspaper. Ron nodded.

    "Hey, look!" Dean said. "Neville's got a remembrall."
I look over at the glass ball in Neville's hand.

   "I've read about those. When the smoke turns red, it means you've forgotten something." Hermione explained. I watch as the smoke turns red.

   "The only problem is, I can't remember what I've forgotten." Neville said and I turned my attention to Harry beside me.

   "Hey, look." Harry called to Ron and me. "Somebody broke into Gringotts. Listen. Believed to be the work of dark Wizards or Witches unknown. Gringotts Goblins, while acknowledging the breach insist nothing was taken. The vault in question, number 713. Had, in fact, been emptied earlier that very same day. That's odd. That's the vault Hagrid and I went to."

————

Our next class was flying which we shared with the Slytherins. We stood out on the green field with brooms beside us on the grass. We were in two lines facing each other as Madame Hooch walked over.

    "Good afternoon, class." Madame Hooch greeted walking to the other side.

    "Good afternoon, Madame Hooch." We all said.

    "Good afternoon, Amanda, good afternoon." She turned around to face us. "Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now. Hurry up." I listen stepping forward. "Stick your right hand over the broom and say, 'Up.'"

I stuck my hand out as the class said up over again. I look to my side to see the broom instantly fly into Harry's hand.

   "Up." I say firmly and to my excitement the broom quickly shot up into my hand.
I look across to see the broom flying into the hand of Draco after a couple tries. The rest of the class kept on calling. When Ron's came up it smacked him in the nose.

   "Shut up." Ron told Harry and me as we chucked.

    "Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it and grip it tight." Madame Hooch instructed after every had hold of their broom. "You don't want to be sliding off the end." We all listened. I swung my leg around gripping it tightly. "When I blow my whistle I want each of you to kick off from the ground hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle—3, 2..." And the whistle blew