25 Rat

We walk into the dark tunnel and soon climbed up into a dark room. The walls of the building were made of wood and were creaking. The place seamed to sway slightly.

    "We're in the Shrinking Shack, aren't we?" Hermione realized.

    "Come on." Harry said as we followed him up some old stairs. There was distant yelling. We followed it and entered a room.

   "Ron!" Harry called as we found the red haired boy sitting in the corner of the room, clutching his rat.

    "Ron, are you okay?" Hermione asked as we rushed over to him.

    "The dog-" I ask. "Where is it?"

    "It's a trap! He's the dog! He's an Animagus!" Ron pointed.
I look on the ground to see footprints in the dust they started out as dogs but turned into the prints of a man. I looked up as the man pushed the old creaking door shut revealing himself.

He was dressed in a dirty prison uniform, he looked tired his long black only reached his shoulders, Sirius Black, my Dad.

    "If you want to kill Harry you'll have to kill us too!" Hermione put herself in front of Harry.

    "Only one will die tonight." Sirius said.

   "Then it'll be you!" Harry shoved Hermione out of the way and ran at Sirius tackling him to the ground.

Harry took out his wand pointing it at Sirius's head.

    "Are you going to kill me, Harry?" Sirius laughed.

     "Expelliarmus!" Lupin burst through the door. Harry's Wand was thrown from his hand. Harry looked up shocked, Lupin nodded for Harry to move. Harry got up and I pulled him over to us.
    "Well, well, Sirius... looking rather ragged, aren't we? Finally the flesh reflects the madness within."

     "Well, you'd know all about the madness within, wouldn't you, Remus?" Sirius smiled.
Remus lowered his Wand and smiled helping Sirius up.
Sirius embraced Lupin with a hug. "I found him!"

    "I know." Lupin said.

    "It's him. He's here!" Sirius told Lupin.

     "I understand." Lupin said.

    "Let's kill him." Sirius said.

    "NO!" Hermione yelled. "I trusted you! And all this time y-you've been his friend. He's a Werewolf! That's why he's been missing classes."

    "How long have you known?" Lupin wondered.

    "Since Professor Snape set the essay." Hermione admitted.

    "Well, well, well, Hermione. You really are the brightest Witch of your age I've ever met." Lupin told her.

    "Enough talk, Remus! Come on, let's kill him!" Sirius spoke impatiently.

    "Wait!" Lupin shouted.

    "I DID MY WAITING! 12 YEARS OF IT... IN AZKABAN!" Sirius yelled.

Lupin sighed and looked at us. "Very well." He handed his Wand to Sirius. "Kill him. But wait one more minute. Harry has the right to know why."

    "I know why! You betrayed my Parents! You're the reason they're dead!" Harry spoke.

   "No, Harry, it wasn't him. Somebody did betray your Parents but it was somebody who until quite recently I believed to be dead!" Lupin told us.

    "Who was it then?" Harry asked.

    "Peter Pettigrew! And he's in this room! Right now!" Sirius smiled. "Come out, come out, Peter! Come out and play!"

    "Expelliarmus!" Snape yelled and the Wand left Sirius's hand. "Vengeance is sweet. How I hoped I'd be the one to catch you."

   "Severus, it..." Lupin stepped forward but was stopped when Snape pointed his Wand at him.

   "I told Dumbledore you were helping an old friend into the castle, and now here's the proof." Snape said.

   "Brilliant, Snape." Sirius walked forward unbothered by the Wand. "Once again, you put your keen and penetrating mind to the task, and as usual, come to the wrong conclusion. Now, if you'll excuse us, Remus and I have some unfinished business to attend to."

   "Give me a reason." Snape pressed the Wand to Sirius's neck. "I beg you."

    "Severus, don't be a fool." Lupin said.

    "He can't help it, it's habit by now." Sirius smiled.

    "Sirius, be quiet!" Lupin raised his voice.

    "Oh, quiet yourself, Remus!" Sirius yelled.

    "Oh, listen to you two, quarreling like an old married couple." Snape said.

    "Why don't you run along and play with your chemistry set." Sirius told him.

    "I could do it, you know. But why deny the Dementors? There're so longing to see you. Do I detect a flicker of fear? Oh, yes. A Dementor's kiss. One can only imagine what that must be like to endure. It's said to be nearly unbearable to witness, but I'll do my best." Snape said.

"Severus, please!" Lupin spoke.

"After you." Snape motioned and nodded for us to go.
Harry walked forward and raised Hermione's Wand pointed at Sirius but at the last moment he pointed it at Snape.

"Expelliarmus!" He yelled and Snap was thrown back crashing into the old bed. It was probably wrong but I smiled.

"Harry, what did you just do?" Ron asked.

"You attacked a teacher." Hermione said shocked.

"That was brilliant." I smile.

"Tell me about Peter Pettigrew!" Harry pointed the Wand at Lupin.

"He was at school with us. We thought he was our friend." Lupin explained.

"No. Pettigrew's dead. You killed him." Harry pointed the Wand at Sirius.

"No he didn't. I thought so, too, until you mentioned seeing Pettigrew on the Map." Lupin stepped in front.

"The Map was lying, then." Harry said.

"The Map never lies!" Sirius spoke. "Pettigrew's alive! And he's right there!" He pointed at Ron.

"Me? He's mental! I..." Ron said.

"Not you. Your rat!" Sirius told him.

"Scabbers has been in my family for—"

"Twelve years?!" Sirius finished for Ron. "Curiously long life for a common garden rat. He's missing a toe, isn't he?"

"So what?!" Ron asked confused.

"All they could find of Pettigrew was his fi..." Harry spoke.

"Finger. The dirty coward cut it off so that everyone would think he was dead." Sirius explained standing in front of Ron. "And then he transformed into a rat."

"Show me." Harry said.

Sirius reached for the rat in Ron's hands.

"Give it to him Ron." I say.

"What are you trying to do to him?!" Ron asked fighting to keep his pet. "Scabbers!" Sirius got the rat. "Leave him alone. Get off him! What are you doing?!"

Lupin handed Sirius his Wand back and held his own as they placed the rat on the piano.
The moment the rat was released it ran desperate to escape as Lupin and Sirius were trying to shoot it.