20 Riddikulus

I watched Professor Snape climb out of the wardrobe.

"Riddikulus!" Neville said.

I burst into laughter at the sight of Professor Snape, he had a green dream, held a red hand bag. But what really brought it all together was the hat, it had a bird on it.

"Wonderful, Neville, wonderful! Incredible! Okay... to the back, Neville. Everyone, form a line. Form a line. I want everyone to picture the thing they fear the very most... and turn it into something funny." Professor Lupin put on some music. "Next! Ron! Concentrate. Face your fear be brave."

I watched, the confused Professor Snape transformed into a giant spider. Stood there shaking.

"Wand at the ready, Ron. Wand at the ready." Professor Lupin reminded him.

"Riddikulus!" Ron said, as roller skates appeared on the spiders legs, and it started slipping around, trying to stand up.

"Yes! You see? Very good, very good!" Professor Lupin laughed. "Marvelous! Absolutely, very, very, enjoyable! Parvati! Next!"

This calls was amazing, it went kid after kid. I stood behind Harry watching as we broke into after every time.
It came Harry's turn. It took a moment longer than the others as I watched the Boggart change. It took the form of the creature we saw on the train, a Dementor.

Lupin jumped in front of Harry. "Here!" he yelled.
I watched it change into something strange. It was the moon, a full moon. "Riddikulus!"
It transformed into a deflating balloon, shooting around the room. Professor Lupin opens the cupboard, allowing the balloon to fly in before shutting it again.

"Right. Sorry about that. That's enough for today. Would you all like to collect your books from the back. That's the end of the lesson. Thank you! Sorry!" Professor Lupin apologized. "Sorry, you can have too much of a good thing."
People sighed disappointingly as they left the class.

—————

Now it was time for the Hogsmeade trips. Of course I didn't get mine signed so I can go. But I wanted to. Harry can go either, he was hoping Professor McGonagall could sign, but she couldn't.

————

    "Professor, can I ask you something?" Harry wondered as we looked out over there bridge beside Professor Lupin. Well it was really Harry and Lupin talking I was standing a bit away from them to give them some privacy as I thought, but it didn't entirely stop me from listening.

    "You want to know why I stopped in facing that boggart, yes?" Lupin guessed. "I thought it'd obvious. I assumed it would take the shape of Lord Voldemort."

    "I did think of Voldemort at first. But then I remembered that night on the train... and the dementor." Harry explained.

   "I'm very impressed." Lupin told Harry. "That suggests what you feel the most is fear itself. This is very wise."

    "Before I fainted... I heard something. A woman... screaming." Harry said.

    "Dementors force us to relive are very worst memories. Our pain becomes their power." Lupin explained.

    "I think it was my Mother... the night she was murdered." Harry said.

    "The very first time I saw you, Harry, I recognized you immediately." Lupin said. "Not by your scar, by your eyes. They're your Mother, Lily's."

    "You knew my Mother?" Harry asked.

    "Yes. Oh, yes. I knew her. Your Mother was there for me at a time when no one else was. Not only was she a singularly gifted Witch... she was also an uncommonly kind woman. She had a way of seeing the beauty and others... even, and most especially, when that person could not see it in themselves. And your Father, James, on the other hand... he... Had his certain, shall we say, talent for trouble. A talent, rumour has it, he passed on to you. You're more like them then you know, Harry. In time, you'll come to see just how much."

When Harry left I stayed.

    "What's on your mind?" Lupin asked me.

    "Nothing." I lie.

      "I know you heard me say this to Harry, but I recognized you instantly." Lupin said.

I look up at him. "What do you mean."

     "You're a spitting image of your Mother but also your Father. You have the same fire he had in his eyes." Lupin said. "But I didn't believe it at first."

     "You used to know them?" I ask.

      "Yes, I knew them well. Your Mother and I were close. When I saw you on the train I thought my eyes were playing tricks." Lupin told me.

"Most people don't like to talk about my parents, considering what my Father did." I sign.

"But you don't believe it?" Lupin guessed.

"No, I don't. I know he's my Dad of course I'd want him to be innocent but I have a feeling he is." I say.