11 Voices

We sat in his hut. I sat down on the bench thinking deeply what Draco called me, I didn't fully understand it but it hurt. Now I have been called names by many students, I hear them whisper in the halls but they didn't bother me too much just this word felt different. I didn't know the meaning

   "This calls for a specialist's equipment." Hagrid walked over handing Ron a wooden bucket. "Nothing to do but wait till it stops, I'm afraid."
Ron threw up another and it clunked in the bucket. "Better out than in. Who was Ron trying to curse, anyway?"

   "Malfoy. He called (Y/n) and Hemione... Well I don't know what the words exactly mean." Harry said.
Hermione stood up. "He called me a Mudblood."

    "He did not." Hagrid gasped.

    "What's a Mudblood?" Harry wondered.

    "It means 'dirty blood.' Mudblood's a foul name for someone who's Muggle-born. Someone with non-magic Parents. Someone like me. It's not a term one usually hears in civilized conversation." Hermione explained.

   "See, the thing is, Harry, there are some Wizards, like the Malfoy family... who think they're better than everyone else because they're what people call pure-blood." Hagrid said.

    "That's horrible." Harry said as Ron threw up again.

    "It's disgusting." Ron said.

    "And it's codswallop to boot. Dirty blood. Why, there isn't a Wizard alive today that's not half-blood or less. More to the point, they've yet to think of a spell that our Hermione can't do. Come here." Hagrid smiled. "Don't you think on it, Hermione. Don't you think on it for one minute. Aye?"
Hermione sat back down beside Ron.

—————

It was late we were walking to find Harry. He was in detention with Lockhart.

"Harry?" Hermione said as we found Harry.

"Did you hear it?" Harry asked.

"Hear what?" I wonder.

"That voice." Harry said looking around.

"Voice? What voice?" Hermione questioned.

"I heard it first in Lockhart's office. And then again just-" Harry stoped. "It's moving. I think it's going to kill." Harry ran forward.

"Kill?" Ron asked as we followed.

"Harry, wait! Not so fast!" Hermione called.

We followed him through the corridors. We stepped out into one hall, the stones were soaked.
Harry stopped when we saw a line of spiders running away through the window.

"Strange. I've never seen spiders act like that." Harry said.

"I don't like spiders." Ron gulped.

"What's that?" I point out looking it the water there was a reflection with writing. I look up to see it written on the wall above.

"The Chamber of Secrets has been opened enemies of the heir... beware' Hermione red looked to be written in blood.

"It's written in blood." I say.

"Oh, no." I hear Harry.
I follow his eyes to see a frozen cat hanging on the wall by its tail in a running position. I followed Harry as we walked towards the cat. "It's Filche's cat. It's Mrs. Norris."

We turned to see a crowd of students stopping starting at the seen. Then came the Slytherin kids around another corridor.

"Enemies of the Heir, beware." Draco read aloud. "You'll be next, Mudbloods."

"What's going on here?" We heard Filch. "Go on. Make way, make way." Filch pushed through the crowd. "Potter, Black? What are you... ?" He spat but stopped at the sight of his cat. "Mrs. Norris? You've murdered my cat."

"No. No." Harry tried but I could see the anger building up in the man.

"I'll kill you." He grabbed Harry's collar. "I'll KILL YOU!"

"Argus!" The voice of Dumbledore called. We turned to see the students clearing a path as Dumbledore, McGonagall, Lockhart, Professor Sprout and Snape walked through. "Argus, I... Everyone will proceed to their dormitories immediately." We turned to leave. "Everyone except... you four." Dumbledore pointed at Harry, Ron, Hermione and I. We stopped and turned around. "She's not dead, Argus. She has been petrified."

"Ah. Thought so. So unlucky I wasn't there. I know exactly the countercurse that could've spared her." Lockhart claimed.

"But how she has been Petrified, I cannot say." Dumbledore said.

"Ask him. It's him that's done it. You saw what he wrote on the wall." Filch said.

"It's not true, Sir. I swear. I never touched Mrs. Norris." Harry tried.

"Rubbish." Filch spat.

"If I might, headmaster?" Snape spoke. "Perhaps Potter and his friends were just in the wrong place at the wrong time." We looked at each other in disbelief that Snaps was defending us. "However... the circumstances are suspicious. I, for one, don't recall seeing Potter at dinner."

"I'm afraid that's my doing, Severus." Lockhart said. "You see, Harry was helping me answer my fan mail."

"That's why Ron, (Y/n) and I went looking for him, Professor. We'd just found him when he said..." Hermione stopped and looked at Harry.

"Yes, Miss Granger?" Snaps pushed.

"When I said I wasn't hungry." Harry said.

"We were heading back to the common room when we found Mrs. Norris." I explain.

"Innocent until proven guilty, Severus." Dumbledore said.

"My cat had been Petrified. I want to see some punishment!" Filch's voice shook with anger.

"We will be able to cure her, Argus. As I understand it, Madam Sprout had a very healthy growth of Mandrake. When matured, a potion will be made which will revive Mrs. Norris. And in the meantime... I strongly recommend caution... to all." Dumbledore spoke.

————

We walk up the moving stairs to the common room.

"It's a bit strange, isn't it?" Hermione said.

"Strange?" Harry questioned.

"You hear this voice, a voice only you can hear... and then Mrs. Norris turns up Petrified. It's just strange." Hermione explained.

"Do you think I should have told them? Dumbledore and the others, I mean?" Harry asked.

"Are you mad?" Ron asked him.

"No, Harry. Even in the Wizarding world, hearing voices isn't a good sign." Hermione explained.

————

"Could I have your attention please?" McGonagall asked. We sat in the class everyone with an animal in front of them. "Right. Now, today, we will be transforming animals... into water goblets. Like so." She placed her wand on a bird beside her. "One, two, three. Vera Verto." The bird than changed into a shiny silver goblet. "Now it's your turn. Who would like to go first? Ahh Mr. Weasley. One, two, three. Vera Verto."

Ron cleared his throat and tapped his wand three times. "Vera Verto!" Instead of a shiny silver goblet, Ron's rat tut into a furry on with a tail that squeaked and moved. The class including me laughed.

"That wand needs replacing, Mr. Weasley."