21 In The Castle

Ron would not stop talking about how amazing his trip was Hermione had to remind him that we couldn't go. But I didn't get it, the Shrieking Shack is meant to be the most haunted place, but we have ghosts everywhere in the castle.

    "What's going on?" I ask to see a crowd around the Fat Lady's portrait.

  "Probably Neville forgot the password again." Ron said.

    "Hey." Neville said behind us.

    "Oh, you're there." Ron noticed.
When the staircase stopped moving, we ran up .

    "Excuse me, I'm head boy!" Percy said, pushing through people to get forward. "Get back all of you. No one is to enter this dormitory until it's been searched."

I push my way forward and stare at it shocked, Hermione, Ron and Harry soon came behind me.

Where the Fat Lady was supposed to be there, a big slash's the painting we could see the wood behind. The paintings were distressed.

Dumbledore made his way forward looking closely at the painting. "Mr. Filch? Round up the ghosts. Tell them to search every painting in the castle to find the Fat Lady." Dumbledore said.

    "There's no need for ghosts, Professor. The Fat Lady is there." Filch pointed up.
Quickly, we all ran up to that painting, ignoring Percy.

I stood in front of it, I backed a bit for Dumbledore to see.
The Fat Lady was hiding behind a rock in a painting full of hippos.

   "Dear lady, who did this to you?" Dumbledore asked.

   "Eyes like the devil, he's got, and a soul as dark as his name." The Fat Lady's voice shook as she described, I already knew who she was talking about before she said the name. I backed up. "It's him, headmaster. The one they all talk about. He's here, somewhere in the castle! Sirius Black!"

    "Secure the castle, Mr. Filch. The rest of you, to the Great Hall." Dumbledore instructed.

—————

I expect the, blame, the insults, the name calling and I wasn't disappointed. I wasn't around Harry, Hermione or Ron when people did it.

All Gryffindor students lay on mattresses in the Great Hall. I was wide awake listening to Dumbledore and the others talk.

    "I searched the Astronomy tower and the Owlery. There's nothing there." Flich reported.

    "The floor's clear too Sir." Lupin said.

    "I've done the dungeon." Snape said. "No sign of Black, nor anywhere else in the castle."

    "I didn't really expect him to linger." Dumbledore said.

    "Remarkable feat, don't you think? To enter Hogwarts castle on one's own... completely undetected?" Snape told Dumbledore as the two of them walked closer.

    "Quite remarkable." Dumbledore agreed.

     "Any ideas on how he managed it?" Snape wondered.

    "Many. Each as unlikely as the next." Dumbledore told him.

   "You may recall... prior to the start of term I expressed concerns... about your appointment of Professor—" Snape Spoke.

    "Not a single Professor inside this castle would help Sirius Black enter it." Dumbledore interrupted Snape. "I'm quite convinced the castle safe... and I'm more than willing to send the students back to their houses."

    "What about Potter? And the other Black? Should they be warned?" Snape asked.

     "Perhaps. But for now, let them sleep. For in dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own. Let them swim in the deepest oceans or glide over the highest cloud."

—————

I sat at my desk in Defence Against the Dark Arts. Instead of Lupin, Snape walking in closings the shutters as he walked to the front.

     "Turn to page 394." Snape instructed as he pulled down the film screen.

     "Excuse me, Sir. Where's Professor Lupin?" I asked.

    "That's not really your concern, is it, Potter? Suffice to say your Professor finds himself incapable of teaching... at the present time. Turn to page 394." He walked to the back turning on the projector.

    "Werewolves?" Ron questioned looking at the page.

    "But, Sir, we just learned about red caps and hinkypunks. We're not meant to start that for weeks." Hermione told him.

    "Quiet." Snape told him.

     "When did she come in?" Ron whispered. "Did you see her come in?"

    "Now, which one of you can tell me the difference... between an Animagus and a Werewolf?" Snape asked as he walked the front of the class.
I raised my hand and so did Hermione. "No one? How disappointing."

    "Please, Sir." Hermione spoke. "An Animagus is a Wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A Werewolf has no choice. With each full moon... when ge transforms he no longer the remembers who he is. He'd killed his best friend. Furthermore, the Werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind."

    "Awoo." Draco imitated.

    "Thank you, Mr. Malfoy. That's the second time... you've spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Are you in capable of straining yourself... or do you take pride in being an insufferable know it all?" Snape said.

     "He's got a point you know." Ron whispered.

     "But Professor. You did ask a question, and she answered it?" I point out.

     "Five points from Gryffindor." Snape says. "As an antidote to your ignorance, and on my desk, by Monday morning... two rolls of parchment on the Werewolf, with particular emphasis... on recognizing it."

    "It's Quidditch tomorrow." Harry reminded him.

    "Then I suggest you take extra care, Mr. Potter. Loss of limb will not excuse you. Page 394." he stepped away from Harry. "The term Werewolf... is a contraction of the Anglo-Saxon word 'wer'... which means 'man,' and 'wolf.' Werewolf, man-wolf. There are several ways to become a Werewolf. Including being given the power of Shapeshifting... being bitten by Werewolf..."

—————

It was a terribly stormy day, lightning flashed  through the sky as the rain soaked everything. I watched Harry disappear into the cloud chasing after the snitch. The game is going on even in this weather. The storm clouds made it almost impossible to see him.
But everybody saw Harry came falling down from the sky. Dumbledore was able to slow Harry small, so it wasn't entirely fatal, but he was instantly rushed to the hospital wing.

He fell over 100 feet, it wasn't Harry's fault. The Dementors weren't supposed to come in the ground. His broom was also snapped. When he fell it flew directly into the Whomping Willow. And, well, that tree had a particular hatred towards Rob and Harry more than anything else.