16 Snake

We ran up and stayed hidden behind a corner, listening to the teachers talk.

"A student has been taken by the monster into the Chamber itself." McGonagall said. "The students must be sent home. I'm afraid this is the end of Hogwarts."

"So sorry. Dozed off. What have I missed?" We heard Lockhart ask.

"A girl has been snatched by the monster, Lockhart. Your moment has come out last. Weren't you saying just last night... that you've known all along where the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets is?" Snape reminded him.

"That's settled. Will leave you to deal with the monster, Gilderoy. Your skills, after all, or legend." McGonagall decided.

"Very well." I caught a slight hint of fear in Lockhart's voice. "I'll just be in my office getting... Getting ready."

"Who is it the monster's taken, Minerva?" Madam Pomfrey asked.

"Ginny Weasley." McGonagall answered.

I looked up at the wall to see a sentence written in blood. 'Her skeleton will lie in the chamber forever."

Looked at Ron's worried face.

"We'll get her." I tell him.

—————

We run into Lockhart's Office.

"Lockhart's useless, but he's going to try and get in the Chamber. At least we can tell him what we know." Harry said he ran up to his office. "Professor we have some information for you."

We stopped when we found him packing, to just leave the school.

"Are you going somewhere?" I ask accusingly.

"Uh... Well, yes. Urgent call. Unavoidable. Got to go." Lockhart stuttered.

"What about my Sister?" Ron asked him.

"Well... um... As to that, most unfortunate. No one regrets more than I." Lockhart continued to quickly pack.

"You're the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. You can't go now." Ron yelled.

"I must say, when I took the job, there was nothing in the description—" He started making his way to the door.

"You're running away?" Harry Harry asked is run by and him blocked Lockhart's way. "After all that stuff you did in your books?"

"Books can be misleading." Lockhart told us.

"You wrote the damn things!" I shout.

"My dear, use your common sense." Lockhart said. "My books wouldn't have sold half as well if people didn't think I'd done those things."

"You a fraud." Harry told him. "You've just been taking credit for what other Wizards have done."

"Is there anything you can do?" Ron asked him.

"Yes, now you mention it. I'm rather gifted with Memory Charms. Otherwise, all those Wizards would have gone blabbing. I've never have sold another book. In fact, I am going to have to do the same to you." Lockhart confessed he walked over to pick up his wand when he turned around we all pointed our wands at him.

"Not a chance." I smile.

—————

We force him into the girls bathroom. We find Moaning, Myrtle, crying as usual when we enter. She turned around when we entered.

"Oh hello Harry." She said in the sweet voice. "What do you want?"

"To ask you how you died." Harry told her.