38 The First Task

The first task, we went off into the mountains where the arena was made. It was a pit with the seats around it, and down below in the middle it was set up for the task. It was very rocky and in the centre there was placed a golden egg.
I pulled Hermione long and we snuck to where the champions tent was. We stayed outside of it but called Harry.

   "Harry?" I whispered. "Is it you?

   "Yeah." we heard Harry answer.

    "How are you feeling?" Hermione asked. "Okay?"

    "The keys to concentrate. After that, you just have to—" I say.

    "Battle a dragon." Harry finished for me.

Hermione push through the curtains pulling Harry into a hug.
Just as you did, there was a flash.
Your turn to see Rita with a photographer just entering.

   "Young love." Rita smiled walking over. "Oh, how.. stirring." Floating notepad, followed her closely with a green feather quill writing stuff down by itself. "If everything goes unfortunately today... you two may even make the front page."

    "You have no business here. This tent is for champions... and friends." Viktor told her in his deep voice. I think that was actually the first time I ever heard him speak. Then again, I was never around him.

   "No matter. We've got what we wanted." Rita turned around to face him. The feather quill flipped Viktor's face before she turned around.

   "Good day, champions. Gather round, please." Dumbledore enter the tent right behind Hermione, me and Harry.  I look at Hermione and we both moved closer to Harry. "Now, you've waited, you've wondered, and at last the moment has arrived. A moment only four of you can fully appreciate." At that moment Dumbledore spotted me and Hermione. "What are you two doing here, Miss Granger? And Miss Black?"

   "Oh, um, sorry." I apologize.

    "We'll just go." Hermione said.

    "Good luck, Harry." I smile leaving with Hermione.

————

We make our way through the crowded stance of cheering people finding our spot. Hermione sat down beside Ron and I sat beside her and Seamus.
At the sound of the canon it begun.

   "Diggory! Diggory! Diggory!" Everyone chanted loudly as Cedric stepped out

I was also right, each champion had to take a golden egg from their dragon, the egg provide them with a clue for the next task.

Cedric's dragon was a Swedish Short-Snout. He did this weird thing where he transfigured a rock into a Labrador dog that diverted the attention of the dragon long enough to let him steal the golden egg.

Second was Fleur Delacour. She got a Common Welsh Green. She enchanted the dragon to sleep, but while retrieving the golden egg, the dragon snored and let out a jet of flame skilfully she dodged flame that shot from its nostrils but did set her skirt alight. She extinguished the flames, and retrieved her golden egg.

Viktor Krum was third, facing a Chinese Fireball. He used the Conjunctivitis Curse, (Hermione told me the name) the curse blinded the dragon and he retrieved his egg.

But then I thought, Diggory: Swedish Short-Snout, Delacour: Welsh Green and Krum Chinese Fireball. That that meant the dragon that Harry was left with was the, Hungarian Horntail. Beautiful of course, in my mind but it was an especially deadly dragon. This one seemed far more restless than the dragons as well.
Yes, the others got dangerous dragons as well but Harry got a Horntail. They have to understand he's the youngest only 14 and they give him one of the most harsh breeds.

Last was Harry. I cheered his name loudly as he stepped out. I watched as he looked around before his eyes landed on the golden egg in the center. Just as he started to make a move towards it the Horntail stabs, it's pointed tail into the rock right beside him. Doing that caused Harry to be thrown rolling down. The Horntail screeched before breathing fire, directly at Harry.
I grew more nervous as Harry was barely able to dodge that and ran forward. Desperately trying to climb up some rocks to get the egg. The dragon flew a bit, but just like the others it was a chain, so it would stay down below. The Horntail slammed its tail beside Harry before going back again. Harry slipped down and was eventually thrown by the tail. He crashed in to some more rocks.
The dragon landed, and let out of roar. But Harry quickly got back on his feet and started running as a dragon let out more fire.

   "YOUR WAND! HARRY! YOUR WAND!" I scream.

    "Accio Firebolt!" Harry took out his wand and yelled.
Nothing happened straight away, and the dragon was angry. The rocks as a dragon lunged for him. He hid behind a rock. The Horntail blew fire directly at the small boulder Harry was hiding behind. I watch nervously. As soon as the dragon stopped here, we got up and jumped, landing on his room as it zipped by. I cheer loudly as he flies towards the egg. But just as he was reaching for it, the Horntail blew fire. Harry missed the egg. But before he could fly around to try and get it again, the dragon start fly up after Harry.
Like I said, before, this is a Horntail, these were fierce dragons. So when the Horntail went to fly after Harry, the chain stopped it from going to high, but the Horntail was determined. It yanked once more, and the chain broke.

   "Oh my God." Ron muttered.

The dragon was close behind Harry. to get away from it. He flew over the stands and out of the arena. Course the Horntail followed, and as he flew, he dragged his tail ripping a line through the stands where the Professors were.

   "Yeah! Well done, Dragon!" Fred and George yelled loudly as everybody cheered.
I would be joining in with Fred and George cheering on the dragon if the one it was chasing wasn't Harry.
The dragon followed him, and both Harry and the Horntail were out of our sight.