20

Sunoo was baffled staring at Heeseung's retrieving figure.

He knew Heeseung wasn't done with his part. Heck, he didn't even touch his part of the project. The wasn't a single word written on Heeseung's sheet nor there was a mark on Heeseung's book. All Heeseung did was stare off at space.

Why would he lie like that?

Now Sunoo was genuinely worried about the older.

"Angel, don't worry. It's Heeseung's thing to behave like that." Ethan said noticing Sunoo's stare.

Sunoo nodded going back to the project. He knows it's Heesung's thing. But spending these two days with the older, Sunoo is sure it's not. Heeseung would even tell Sunoo if he had to go to washroom during these sessions.

These thoughts ate away Sunoo's mind. He couldn't focus on the project. He'd rather go and check on Heeseung.

"Hyung, I'll be back in a while." Sunoo smiled to Ethan who nodded in return.

He then made his way to where his heart indicated. The roof top. He had a gut feeling that if not anywhere, Heeseung would be there. So without looking left and right, he straight up went to the stair and then to the roof top. 

The moment he reached there, his heart wrenched in pain seeing the sight in front of him.

Heeseung was crouched down near the railing with his face buried in his hands. Sunoo could here sounds of small sobs coming from him.

Sunoo immediately walked near the crying boy and crouched down, settling on his knees. He didn't realize placing his hand on the older boy's shoulder when he said, "It's okay.. I don't know what you are going through but It's going to be okay."

Heeseung only looked up hearing the voice, he didn't hear the footsteps of Sunoo coming here. So to him it felt like a dream. A dream which he thought would never be reality. But when he felt Sunoo's hand on his shoulder, he understood it wasn't a dream and Sunoo was touching him.

Damn. That feeling is ecstatic. It feels so different inside him. But the tears wouldn't stop. It keeps on rolling down his cheeks. And Heeseung didn't know what got into him that moment, he wrapped both his arms around the boy near him (maybe it was because Sunoo had touched him initially which got his emotions messed up).

Sunoo was shocked at first but he coaxed in and wrapped his arms around the taller boy's torso too.  He felt the crying boy's face buried against his shoulder as the place got damp but he would care less about it. Sunoo sighed hearing the elder's heart wrenching sobs, he has no idea why the boy in his arms were crying like that, he has no idea why his own heart felt so bad for the boy. Yes, Sunoo is sensitive and he admits it. But he seriously didn't understand why was his own eyes getting misty for the boy.

Maybe it was the fact that he had never seen the boy this broken or maybe he was being more symphathetic to the boy because they both have grown quite close during these few days. Sunoo doesn't know any of it, he just knows that right now he must comfort this broken boy. Because that was what his heart was urging him to

"It's okay.. breathe please. Take deep breaths."

Sunoo said his words very softly as he rubbed his hand along the boy's spine as his other hand rubbed the nape of Heeseung's neck. 

"It h-urts so much Sunoo-yah.. It hurts so m-much."

Sunoo heard the boy mumble through his sobs as he felt the boy hug him tighter. Sunoo wanted to ask where does it hurt but he stopped himself knowing it might hurt the boy farther. But there was one thing which made Sunoo's heart skip a beat, that was Heeseung saying his name. It sounded so foreign because it was the first time Heeseung had addressed him by his name. The way Heeseung had addressed him made him feel Heeseung's pain and he felt his own vision get blurry.

"It'll be okay hyung.. it will be okay." 

And out of reflex, hyung slipped out of Sunoo's lips without himself knowing. But Heeseung caught it clear. His heart was already overwhelmed with so many emotions and this didn't help at all. 

But somehow that one word from Sunoo managed to take away some of the sorrow off his heart and replace with something else. Something that was related to the boy who was comforting him. Something deep.

Few tears made it's way out of Sunoo's eyes when he felt Heeseung calming down and moving away from him. But Sunoo was quick enough to wipe it away so that the crying boy wouldn't notice it. He saw Heeseung wiping his own tears and distancing himself a little from him. Even though Sunoo's heart was urging him to wipe away those tears himself but he again stopped himself thinking it might tear away some limits of their friendship if they had one.

Sunoo saw Heeseung's face return to it's calm expression once the boy sat comfortably against the railing. He also copied Heeseung's posture and sat beside him placing the backpack somewhere else.

"H-heeseung-ssi, I wouldn't ask anything but I hope you are fine." 

The said boy turned to look at Sunoo who used his softest tone again. Heeseung had to push away the urge to sob once again because the boy was being so well with him. He couldn't help but feel complete adoration for the boy. And now that he knows what to name these feelings, he thinks he's feeling everything overly at this moment being with the boy so close. So close to him.

"Sunoo-yah call me hyung please. And I'm fine.. I guess." Heeseung mumbled the last words looking down at his hands.

Sunoo could see how broken Heeseung was through his eyes even though his face and voice was calm. He wouldn't believe the boy but he knows the boy has his own reasons to lie. Sunoo couldn't help taking a hold of Heeseung's hand when he said, "Okay hyung."

Heeseung looked up and found the boy smiling so sweetly at him. Heeseung swears his heart was filled with different emotions right now. Feeling the warmth of the boy's hand against his, seeing the boy smile, smelling the boy's sweet scent around him; all of these was far better than him smoking shits all alone.

His heart was a lot calmed now. It's almost like his heart was home. Heeseung found the answers to his own questions at this moment. It's Sunoo. Kim Sunoo is his heart's abode. His heart's home.

"Hyung.. please know that I'm here. If there's anything bothering you then please feel free to share with me. I can not advice you anything but I can surely listen to you." Sunoo squeezed Heeseung's hand softly to somewhat assure him.

The taller boy nodded wanting to say "What bothers me is you being with my brother"  but of course he couldn't say that. If he said it out loud then maybe.. maybe whatever oh so sweet friendship he and Sunoo has will be crumbled. They wouldn't have anything left at all.

So Heeseung opted to say, "I will Sunoo-yah."

He wished whatever they have lasts a lot longer. Even though his heart is selfish wanting to wish for Sunoo as whole, still he wouldn't wish anything else. Because it was related to Sunoo's happiness.

And Sunoo's smile matters a lot to Heeseung now. Sunoo's smile was what made him feel calm again. He wouldn't ever do anything that would result in the disappearance of the smaller boy's smile.

He vows to himself right in this moment, with Sunoo's hand in his; He will never ever do anything that would cause Sunoo to cry.

Even if it means to let him go to his brother.

______

There you go.

The most awaited heesun moment of this book.

But there's one thing I'll clarify myself if you didn't notice, Heeseung didn't confess about his love to himself. Yes, he acknowledged it but didn't admit it.... yet.

(my manz still in denial lol)

And look at this-

(heh jakehoon and heesun)