25.5

Heeseung's face was stoned. Void of any sort of emotion. He kept on staring at the top of the table, too stubborn to look up at the eyes of his past lover who was sitting in front of him. 

They were at the second floor of the library where a small café was situated. Hanbin proposed to talk everything out in here. Heeseung reluctantly agreed. He now came in proper sense. Because when you see someone who was very dear to you after such a long time, it's surely a definite reaction to pour out your emotions to them like how he had burst out hugging Hanbin.

Now he was completely sane. And to be honest, he didn't even demand any answers from Hanbin. But there was one thing he wanted to know from Hanbin that is, why did he left him without him knowing the reason?

"You probably want to ask me why I disappeared like that right?" Hanbin's voice cut through his thoughts. 

Of course he could read Heeseung like an open book. Heeseung wouldn't even be surprised. So he nodded his head affirmatively, his eyes were still fixed on the table.

Hanbin sighed looking at his past lover who seemed to be void of any emotion. But he still could read through him so he understands that Heeseung is angry with him. He knows Heeseung is too stubborn to accept that fact too. He starts, "My dad had called the night you had proposed me.."

He sees Heeseung's head slowly tilting upwards as his eyes meets with his own. He could understand Heeseung was wanting to hear his explanation. So he continues, "He said I have to go home immediately, because my mom was sick. I went to home from dorm then found out she isn't and they are moving back to Vietnam. When I asked them why, they just said something important came up."

Hanbin paused trying to understand Heeseung's emotion. But still the man was too void. So he again goes on, "I asked them if I'll come back in a while or not and they said it's for.. forever. I was devastated Hee.. Back then you just had proposed to me and they were already taking me away from you.. I was so devastated Hee."

Hanbin feels Heeseung grabbing his hand softly which were previously rested atop of the table. He really wants to muster up a smile but he can't as tears dwelled up in his eyes. He composes himself before going on with it again. "The flight was next morning. So I did what I had to do."

Heeseung closes his eyes hearing that. That morning he had found the ring back with that 'I'm sorry' post it alongside.

"You know what funny thing happened later?" Hanbin laughs making Heeseung confused.

"I found out I'm already engaged to someone once I reached there. My dad said it was because his company is going to be merged with his friend's. Hence he had arranged my marriage with their son." 

Once Hanbin's sentence was finished, Heeseung looked at his hand which were in his. There was a shiny silver ring resting on Hanbin's left hand's ring finger. Heeseung lets go of his hand as if he touched fire. Hanbin chuckles seeing that.

"Are.. Are you happy with that person?" Heeseung asked hesitantly, speaking after a long time.

"Hmm.. I am. I'm happy with him. He treats me really right. He even let me continue my studies after marriage." Hanbin says with a glint of happiness sparking in his eyes which were damp a while ago.

"How about you hee? Did you find someone?" 

Heeseung looks away from him at that. He stares off at the wall beside them as his lips couldn't fight off a smile when Sunoo's memories flashed in his mind.

"I did." He announces now looking straight into Hanbin's eyes, the smile still intact on his lips.

Hanbin now saw the most clear emotion displaying on Heeseung's facial features and eyes. That is love. Heeseung seems so in love with that lucky someone. In fact Hanbin himself couldn't stop himself from smiling.

"I love him. But there's one problem, I don't know if he loves me the way I do."

"I'm sure he'll love you too. You are an amazing person hee."

Now that Heeseung had completely let go of Hanbin, he is more than sure of his feelings. He would not hesitate to declare it to the world that he is in love with Sunoo. Heeseung also hopes that Sunoo loves him soon. So that he'd be his and his only. Only if he could know what is going on with Sunoo's heart. Last night the younger had confessed about his liking for him, but that isn't enough for having him for himself only.

Heeseung wishes for nothing but Sunoo's love now.

_

Sunoo is standing in his bathroom, specifically in front of the sink. Doing one thing over and over again. He is splashing his face with water trying to forget what he did. He wishes he was completely drunk last night so he'd not remember anything now.

But seems like destiny had other plans with him.

The memories of last night are so vivid and clear that it feels like those moments occurred a second ago. He had woke up a while ago, with that outfit still on his torso. He strips those pieces of cloths before entering the shower cubicle and letting the water drench himself.

How could he do something like that? How could he be so cheap? He hopes he didn't do anything more than kissing last night. Because he didn't remember a second after he started kissing Heeseung's neck. He couldn't be such a low person who would cheat on his boyfriend. No he could never be that.

Sunoo feels like he is crying but his tears are mixed with the water. He lets his back be against the bathroom wall as he slides down. His face is buried against his knees as he lets himself sob. He feels so cheap right now. He wished he was drunk so that he could blame it to his drunkenness. 

He knows he was sober back then. He just can't believe the fact that he confessed to Heeseung and kissed him. The slight alcohol in his system back then gave him the utmost support to spill his deepest emotion out.

After waking up he had seen his phone and there was a text from Ethan saying, "We need to talk." 

That was the reason he was facing such an epiphany right now. He really doesn't know how he'll face Ethan after what he had done. Sunoo understood that his heart yelped for Heeseung's presence and he liked him. He also understood his heart didn't like Ethan touching him intimately just like how it liked with Heeseung's touches. But then why did he became Ethan's boyfriend?

Was it because Ethan showed him the affection he wanted from Heeseung instead? Was it because he had same face as Heeseung?

Sunoo didn't know.

Suddenly he remembers a thing that, Sunoo himself had never confessed about any sort of romantic feeling to Ethan. He remembers Ethan asking him to be his boyfriend, back then he was so flustered as he said yes. Before that he was never asked that type of question. Maybe that was the reason he had said yes to Ethan's proposal. Moreover Ethan himself never confessed about any romantic feeling to Sunoo.

Sunoo doesn't regrets that decision of him agreeing to Ethan's proposal. Because Ethan had made him experience emotions he never did before. But now maybe it is time to let go Ethan. Their relationship isn't based on love. It's most probably based on attraction towards each other.

It's better to break it off than letting it lace around like this. Because then it will become toxic. So he made up his find after showering. He replies back to Ethan saying,

"Tomorrow, let's meet at the rooftop during lunch."

______

So all the EthSun shippers now understands that it's a HeeSun book. So HeeSun is the endgame after all!

(Hopefully you guys could tolerate this much angst, next chapter would be the last angsty chapter and after that it will be filled with fluff!)