𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚢 𝙾𝚗𝚎

Giyuu-San

Giyuu-San...

The two of you stared at his figure as he began to walk in the opposite direction.

You and Tanjiro couldn't think of anything to say back. What could you say?

He thinks his death would be a good thing... I understand how that feels... when you want someone so precious to you to live on over your own life... Tanjiro thought, feeling a lump in his throat form. And if that person dies early, or to protect you, then it feels as though your flesh is being gouged out.

Sabito, the one who trained us both in the misty mountains, if her were alive today he'd be Giyuu-San's age. He saved everyone in the final selection. I couldn't even do that, You thought. Remembering back when you first did the Final Selection. You tried to keep yourself alive. Only you. Giyuu-San thinks his own death would be a good thing, because Sabito died and he lived.

I just don't know what to say to him... I don't know anything about him. Tanjiro sunk his head slightly. A pain coursing through his body of great sadness and grief. But, there's one thing I want to ask him.

"Giyuu-San." Tanjiro called out. But the raven haired demon slayer just continued to walk down along the bridge.

He's not stopping!

"Giyuu-San." Tanjiro moved up a couple steps and called to him one final time before speaking again. "Isn't whatever Sabito entrusted to you keeping both of you together?"

He lifted his head upwards with his eyes growing to the size of rice balls. A memory flooded through his head of his best friend.

"S-Sabito...!"

"Don't you dare say you'd be better off dead. If you do, then our friendship is over for good. Your sister was supposed to get married the next day. And despite knowing that, she went to protect you. You have nobody else...? That's an insult to her."

"You can never die. Not ever. That life she lost to protect you? That future she left for you? They are still with you, Giyuu."

The raven boy lifted a hand up to his cheek. He remembered the pain that Sabito inflicted onto him for saying such things. He wondered how he forgot about it, it was of such importance to him back then and even now, so why did he forget?

I didn't want to remember... my tears wouldn't stop. Whenever I had those memories, I got so sad I couldn't do anything.

Tsutako Nee-San, Sabito, I'm sorry for being so immature.

You both stared as he kept his head down, he didn't even do anything. Not even twitching one bit.