4

Emory

My body jolts to the sound of somebody banging on my front door like an entire swat team is about to storm my apartment.

I feel around my bed for my phone and jump again at the sound of a thud.

Rubbing my eyes and looking down at what fell, I curse to myself at the sight of the book I was reading last night just before I fell asleep sprawled open on my bedroom floor. When I finally find my phone, I let out a very childish groan to see that it is currently 8am.

On my day off.

Knock knock knock

I climb out of bed, pick up my book and then stomp out of my bedroom to rip the head off of whoever the hell is at my door. I'm grumbling and complaining the entire walk across my entire apartment and still trying to rub some of the sleep from my eyes.

Knock knock kno-

I rip the door open and a wave of different emotions hit me all at once.

Anger, shock, confusion, pure joy and then something I'm familiar with but still can't put into words.

Adrian usually has that affect on me though.

At my door, this early in the morning, stands my big brother, who I swore lived across the country, and his blank faced best friend who I have now seen twice in the last 24 hours.

"Is this some weird ass dream? Step to the side, let me see if you guys are joined together at the hip" I gesture between the two of them, my voice sounding gross and hoarse.

"Mo, what kind of weird ass dreams are you having?" Grayson quirks an eyebrow and it's slowly starting to register that he might actually be here.

"Step to the side and we'll find out" I shrug.

"Why would we be morphed together?" He asks.

"I don't know, I once had a dream that I was a conjoined twin, fraternal obviously, because when I looked over at said twin, she looked like Uncle Garrett with a wig on" I babble, my brother and I shuddering at the image of our moms brother dressed as a woman.

"Is this not a dream? Because if it's a dream then I can murder you for having me up this early on my day off" I snap.

"What time did you go to sleep?" My brother nods his head at me and I narrow my eyes.

"Mind your business" I glare earning a laugh.

"Not a dream" Grayson shakes his head and Adrian's still standing there all stoic and handsome and shit, eyeing me with those judgy eyes of his.

I might have seen a flicker of amusement but I chop it up to it being a figment of my imagination because I'm so tired.

"Let me punch you, just to be sure" I smirk and before I know it, Grayson's lunging at me, putting me in a headlock.

"You're such a little shit, you know that" he snickers and he digs his knuckles into my head.

"Gray!" I squeal and try to pry his gigantic arm off of me.