7

Emory

"A BABY, EMORY" my sisters voice screeches through the phone and I stifle a laugh. I put my phone on speaker and set it on my bed so I can finish getting dressed for work.

It's been three days since Grayson's told me the most shocking news on the planet and he's just now told Addie, who heard the whole story, hung up and called me immediately.

"Technically, he isn't a baby anymore" I smirk, knowing it would annoy her.

If my math is correct, Theo would be 10 now.

"Emory, this is serious! Our brother is a father now! We have a nephew! We're aunts!" She exclaims.

"Yes, all very true statements, Addie, those are all things that happen when your sibling has a baby.You forgot to say that Mom's a grandma, nana is a great grandmother and Adrian's probably the Godfather" I tease.

"Oh my god" she gasps, unfazed by my ability to joke about this whole thing.

"Emory, we're on the fathers side of the family!" She whines and the laughter bubbles out of me at her statement.

"It's not funny!" My sister cries.

"Alright, first of all, stop whole naming me, I am not the one who knocked up my high school girlfriend. Secondly, aren't you a little excited? I can't wait to meet him" I shrug to myself at the thought. After hearing Grayson out, the excitement to meet Theo only swelled.

I hear Addie let out a sigh and my smile softens because I know she's picturing it too.

Grayson's choices aren't our favorite thing in the world but we all know the kind of father he'll be and how exciting it's all going to be when we get to know this little boy who's got Hart blood running through his veins.

"I am...I do want to meet him and I want to kill Gray for not knowing this entire time! I want to give Sara a hug!" Addie rambles, going through the same emotions I did when finding out.

"I just can't wait until he tells Mom" I laugh.

"Ha! The prick had the nerve to tell me we'd all tell her together!" Addie scoffs.

"He's going to need all the help he can get, not even Adrian can save him" I shake my head and begin to look around my bedroom for my work badge.

I'm always losing that thing.

"I heard he couldn't save him from you" I can hear the smirk in her voice and a range of emotions swell in my chest at the memory of that entire day.

It was strange, it was frustrating and it was...honestly, it was just strange. It felt like we'd finally had a sense of normality, Adrian and I, before it went to shit and I found out he'd snitched me out to my brother.

I know he found it entertaining, only he could be so sick to find something like torturing me so enjoyable.

"Yeah...yeah, he tried and I guess it worked before I figured Gray should be more afraid to face you and Mom" I clear my throat.

"Mom's going to kill him, I'm sure of it" Addie says.

"Yeah, then she'll be over the moon to find out she has a grand baby" I remind her.