29

Emory

He didn't stop by.

It's fine. I'm fine. Things come up and happen unexpectedly all of the time. It's totally fine.

Addie and I managed to get a lot done that night, the party is in a few hours and I haven't heard from Adrian.

It's all fine.

"You're gonna look so hot, I might actually want to make out with you" Xander pulls me out of my head and I cringe at his words.

"Gross" I shake my head.

"You walk in anywhere wearing that-" he pauses to gesture to the dress Addie picked out for me "and everyone's gonna want to make out with you" he shrugs.

"Xander" I roll my eyes.

"It's true!" He laughs.

There's only one person I want to make out with and the prick hasn't texted me.

I thought you were fine...

Shut up.

"Alright, spill" Xander groans.

"Spill what?"

"The reason for the crease between your eyebrows" he pokes said crease and I swat his hand away.

"Does everyone know about this damn crease?" I grumble, rubbing the spot between my brows.

"Yes, now, what's wrong?" He sighs.

"Nothing, it's been a stressful week and I feel like this party has aged me ten years" I lie.

I have to work a lot harder to lie to Xander. He's a close third to calling out my bullshit after Adrian and Addie but it's not impossible to sway him.

"Uh-huh" he cocks his head, his face telling me he's not convinced at all.

"I'm serious! Did you know Addie stress eats? Check my fridge! There's not a slice of cheese in sight!" I laugh.

"Right, well, whatever it is you're lying about, you better tell me before the end of next week. We're gonna walk into that party for your sister, be proud of her and look hot while doing it. Then, we're going to drink and I'm going to spend the rest of the night convincing your sister to go on a date with me" Xander sighs, slinging his suit over his shoulder and walking out of my room.

"Alexander!" I growl, earning an evil chuckle before he disappears into my bathroom.

Over my dead body is he asking my sister out.

My heart skips when the thought crosses my mind and I feel gross and guilty and hypocritical.

Here I am hating the idea of my closest friend pining after my sister when I've got myself in a situation where I'm doing the same thing. The doubt grows thicker when I remember Addies crush on Adrian and I actually feel sick.

My phone buzzes and it makes me jump before I fumble to check the text.

Adrian: can't wait to see you tonight.