19

Emory

"What did he do?" Addie barges into my apartment and Xander and I jolt in our spots on my sofa, groan and rub our temples.

"Who's the hot chick?" Xander mumbles and I smack his shoulder, earning another groan.

"Who's the...not bad looking guy?" Addie asks when she gets a good look at Xander, staring down at us with her hands on her hips and I nearly vomit.

"Gross. Not happening. Ever" I shake my head despite the rattling pain it causes.

"So she thinks" my best friend grins at my sister and I want to kick him in the shin.

Addie giggles and I note the pink in her cheeks and I hate how charming Xander is because no one can resist.

"Addie, Xander and vice versa" I gesture between the two of them and trudge over to my kitchen to start a pot of coffee.

"Finally, I was beginning to think Mo was making up a woman who was too good to be true" Xander grins, walking over and holding his hand out.

Addie grins and accepts his hand, amusement dancing in her eyes.

"Oh, you're good. Have you met our mother? She'd eat you up" Addie laughs.

"Not yet, though I'm not sure I can handle anymore of that Hart family beauty" Xander shakes his head and places a hand over his heart to be dramatic.

"Dude! Go take a shower!" I snap and my best friend is glaring at me before backing away, winking at my sister and disappearing into my bathroom.

I let out a laugh and raid my fridge for breakfast foods while I wait for the coffee to brew.

"He's cute"

"God, please don't" I whine and Addie just snickers to herself.

"Emmy, what did that idiot do now?" My sister repeats her question, joining me in the kitchen and hopping up to sit on my counter, swinging her little legs.

"Who? What are you talking about?" I ask, pulling out the carton of eggs and look around for something else to cook but my brain is too busy trying to register everything.

Like my sister in my apartment.

Why is everyone always in my apartment?

"Gray, who else?" She rolls her eyes and then everything from yesterday rolls into my mind like a goddamn avalanche.

The club. Grayson and Bennett. Adrian.

Oh god!

Adrian!

My face grows hot and my body feels flushed and I'm suddenly too embarrassed to face my sister.

I open my freezer, pretending I'm looking for something when I'm really sticking my head inside because now, I'm sweating and there's no doubt my face is red.

The last thing I need is Addie clocking how I'm blushing for no reason even though there is a reason and it's a reason she can never know.