48

Adrian

"We got him"

My words make Grayson look at me and he doesn't hesitate to rise from his seat on the couch and grab the car keys.

It's been a week. A bit longer than I'd have liked but Alex has done good tracking the fucker down.

Emory's back home and working again, taking it easy because Alex made sure she takes advantage of the special treatment her boss is giving her.

Something about a dead relative.

The more time I spend around the guy, the more I realize he's not so bad.

I'd never tell him that though, he's great entertainment when I piss him off.

We meet Alex at some sketchy bar about half an hour outside of the city and meet him at his car.

"He's been here a while, usually gets thrown out" he tells us, Grayson cracking his neck and breathing through his nose.

On cue, the doors to the bar are thrown open and security tosses a drunken man out until he's splayed out on the ground.

"I don't know why Fi keeps letting your ass in here Matt" one of the security guards spats.

"Fuck off, Kenny. See you tomorrow night!" Matt drunkenly laughs and the security guards just shake their heads, shutting the doors again and then the three of us are moving.

Alex and I yank the man up, dragging him behind the building wheres it's darker and empty.

"What the fuck?" he slurs and struggles to break free, making me and Alex tighten our grip.

"Hello, Matthew" I growl, the both of us shoving him against the building so that Grayson is the one standing in front of him, his arms crossed and jaw tight.

"The fuck is this? Who the hell-" Matt pauses when he catches sight of me and Gray, eyes widening before the bastard has the nerve to start laughing.

"Holy shit" He throws his head back to laugh, resting it against the brick building.

"So it's true, you're back. I thought she was lying to get out of seeing me and here you are" he continues, Grayson just staring at him, waiting for the bastard to say something that'll make him snap.

He's waiting for the one thing that will send him right over the edge with the bastard.

"True you got a kid? Is coming back for the kid your version of redemption after not being able to save my daughter?" Matt snorts and it nearly does the trick, Gray's nostrils flaring and his knuckles whitening as he grips his biceps.

"What do you plan to do with me now that you've got me big guy? Huh? She'd never forgive you" he keeps going and I can feel my best friends anger radiating off of him, mixing with my own and Alex's.

"You assholes know he used to hide under the table? All while my daughter took all of the heat for their crimes" Matt chuckles, telling the story as if it were the most nostalgic thing in the world.

"Sometimes I'd go on and on just to see how much she was willing to take and you know what? The little bitch took everything I had. Saved her sorry ass siblings and not a soul to save her. You can't save her, none of you can, she is mine!" He spats and Gray loses it, landing a punch right to his gut. He would have keened over but, Alex and I hold him up as he tries to regain some of the wind back into his chest.