26

Adrian

"Where do you want these?" Grayson asks as he and I hold up various cases that display different products from Addies makeup line. She put them in glass cases, she wanted a Beauty and the Beast vibe, and now Grayson and I are helping Addie set up some last minute shit for the party that's now in three days.

Yeah, we're setting up for a party and all I can think about is how I want to find their sister and claim her in the most primal and animalistic way because every waking thought I have has been about that one kiss.

I should have waited. I should have waited and I couldn't because I'm selfish and kissing her was the stupidest and greatest thing I've ever done, I wish I'd done it sooner.

I want more.

I need more.

"Just set them down in the middle, I'll figure those out later" she gestures to the middle of the hall she's got decorated.

It's nice. Very extravagant and sparkly. Very Adeline Hart.

Grayson and I set the displays in the middle and then approach Addie who's now freaking out on the phone with the catering.

Grayson snatches the phone, taking over because he's just better at it then any of us are and I approach Addie with an easy smile, one that's enough to make her cheeks red.

"Relax, you stress out now and you might not make it to the party" I chuckle, flicking her forehead and earning a light laugh.

"You're so right, it's just my life's work on full display for hundreds of people to see, it's no big deal" she rolls her eyes.

"Don't be a smart ass, Addie, it's not you" I smirk and watch as she visibly relaxes.

"So, you bringing a date?" She asks and I can hear the nerves in her tone making me laugh.

"No, this is your day, I figured a date might be distracting" that's bullshit because I'll be distracted regardless.

"Aw, aren't you just the sweetest" Addie teases making me roll my eyes now before I step closer.

"Only for you Harts" I tease right back, bringing my hand up to tap her chin twice just because I know it will distract her from some of the stress she's got riding on her shoulders.

Her eyes widen and I smirk because she's just so easy to rile up.

"The party's going to be great. You're going to be great. Okay?" I chuckle and she swallows, slowly nodding her head.

A noise echoes through the hall and our heads snap towards the entrance, my chest twisting at the sight. Emory scrambles to pick up her stuff that she dropped and I don't hesitate to rush over to help her.

She won't look at me, which is normal but somethings different about this time. She seems tense and her skin is pale like she's walked in on something she didn't meant to walk in on.

"Emory-"

"I brought the outfits, Addie!" She cuts me off, shooting to her feet, her voice bouncing off of the walls and coming off louder than I'm sure she intended.