9

Emory

"This Friday. You. Me. The clu- oh, Emory" Xander cuts himself off with a playful frown as he bursts through my front door and spots me hunched over, frosting in hand.

Yes, I'm baking again. Started as soon as I got off of work and can't remember how long ago that was because I've been completely in my zone.

All of yesterday has been on a torturous repeat in my head and baking has helped pause that replay immensely, so I don't care what Xander has to say right now.

"How did you get in here?" I quirk an eyebrow.

"My key"

"When did you have a key made, Alexander?"

"Couple months ago"

"Why?"

"Because you always take too long to answer the door"

"Xander" I laugh, unable to really get upset with him, and he only holds up the case of beer and takeout he brought over with the widest grin on his face.

"I bring goodies" he beams as if it makes up for having a key to my apartment.

I roll my eyes and watch as he sets the goodies down on my coffee table before marching over to me, carefully taking the frosting from my hands.

"Let's put this to a stop now, you're just being wasteful" he scolds making me glare at him.

"I'll have you know that I took the last batch to my old elementary school" I tell him, putting my hands on my hips.

"Great, Mo spreading diabetes is your specialty" my best friend rolls his eyes.

"Baking isn't going to solve anything, let's get drunk off our asses instead" Xander grins.

"That, I can get behind" I nod and let him drag me to my living room, plopping us both on the couch.

Xander rips open the case of beer, handing me one and popping the lid off of his own, taking a long swig.

I let out a sigh, sipping my own drink and placing my feet in his lap, laying my head back on the arm rest of my couch.

"Spill it, I'd like to get all feelings out of the way before we're completely intoxicated" Xander pokes the bottom of my foot while I keep my eyes on my ceiling.

"How much time do you have?" I joke and lift my head to take another swig.

"For you, Babe, all the time in the world, but don't get mad at me when we're half a case in and I suggest we do karaoke instead" he winks.

"I'll take karaoke over bursting into tears any day and it won't be half a case in, it will be after that drink in your hand" I roll my eyes with a smirk.

"Let it out now before you burst into tears during ABBA. I can't have your feelings messing up my jam" Xander pokes my foot again making me nudge him playfully.

We love ABBA. I won't be surprised if we end the night with our favorite movie, Mamma Mia! Obviously, on repeat. The guy really is my soulmate.