62

Emory

"Oh my god" I groan and quickly pull the covers over my head because the room is so bright that I think my eyes might explode.

I feel around my bed to find it's empty and it just further ruins this hangover experience.

"ADRIAN!" I shout, my mouth tasting like the after taste of every alcohol ever invented, which is strange considering I know Adrian took care of me and made sure I brushed my teeth and everything last night.

Within seconds, I hear the bedroom door swing open.

"What?! What happened?! Are you okay?!" He frantically asks and even though I'm in pain, I smile at the sound of his voice.

"No, I'm not okay" I sigh, remaining under the blanket and pressing my palms into my eyes.

God, my senses are really sensitive right now, this is ridiculous.

"Why are you under the blanket, baby?" I hear him chuckles and it sounds like he's closer to the bed now.

"Because it feels like my eyeballs are about to melt out of my head and I woke up alone" I grumble, feeling just as grumpy as I probably sound.

After a beat of silence, Adrian climbs back into bed with me, wrapping his arms around me and tucking me into him, both of us under the blanket now.

"I was being a good fiancé and cooking you breakfast" he chuckles, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"God, can't you be terrible for like two seconds" I huff and nuzzle my face into his chest.

"We bathed for almost an hour and you still reek of tequila, Emory" and I tilt my head up to look at him with a smile.

"That's more like it" I beam earning another chuckle.

Adrian gives my butt a pat before he's nudging me out of bed.

"Come on, I've got something to show you today" he smiles a little too wide and I groan some more.

"I'm already marrying you!" I throw my arms up all dramatically because it's my favorite thing to do and I realize how much time I spend with Xander.

"Would you just cooperate for like ten minutes" he laughs and it makes me glare at him before I'm trudging around the bed to go clean up and hopefully wash away the rest of this tequila stench.

Adrian grabs my wrist and spins me into him when I try to successfully brush past him and I squeal.

"Good morning" he grins and bends to kiss me softly.

"You are something else for having the gall to kiss me like that when I'm the epitome of a night of shame right now" I tsk and shake my head.

"Yeah, yeah, go wash up, you're extra bratty when you're hungover" he smacks my ass and I glare at him before I scurry to the bathroom anyway.

After I wash up and we have breakfast together, Adrian makes me get dressed and meet him in the living room where he admires my collection of books with a faint smile on his face.

The sight of him standing there knowing we share the place is enough to make me feel like a teenager and I can't help it when my feet take me to him.