41

Emory

TW: there are acts of physical and verbal abuse in this chapter. Please read with care!

Dad: Emory. How long until you forgive me? I feel like shit enough. Call me soon.

It's the sixth text this week.

I'm pretty sure he's sent me at least one a day which means he's desperate. More so than usual. With each text comes more anxiety and stress and I think everyone's starting to notice.

To top it off, I haven't seen much of Adrian since Theo's soccer practice but I don't blame him. He's been working the night shifts at the construction site and I work during the day.

What does rub me the wrong way is the ugly wave of jealousy that washed over me when I remember the way my sister looked up at him and they had their hands on each other.

I hate feeling jealous, especially of my own sister because it's completely ridiculous.

Jealousy is so stupid and I hate it.

I miss Adrian.

He has been doing great at texting me and calling me though, it's kind of sweet. Adrian Harley doing boyfriend-y things is something I never thought I'd witness so I kind of have my fun with it whenever I can.

Xanders been busy at work, Addies been handling her newfound business and it's pretty much just everyone moving forward with their careers and lives as if they've got something to live for.

That was a little dark...

Here I am, fresh out of the shower and my nose in my book of the week and questioning what the point of life is.

"This is fucking depressing" I grumble to myself, scoping out my apartment.

Pulling out my phone, I scroll through my contacts and smile when I find Sara's name.

She's easily becoming one of my best friends and I am quickly adjusting to having another girl around. Addie and I are close but with her influencer schedule it's kind of hard for us to have sister time.

It's why she bombards me at random times.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" Sara beams as shook as she picks up.

"I think I'm depressed"

"Oh babes, aren't we all" she laughs and it makes me chuckle.

"You're not calling me because you miss Adrian are you? Because I am nobody's side chick" she scoffs and I laugh again.

"I'm calling because you're my friend and thanks to that awesome kid of yours, you're stuck with me forever and I'm bored and thinking sad thoughts and okay, fine, I miss Adrian" I babble and hear her groan on the other end.

"Gross"

"I know, I don't call people about boys! The man's a robot and he's done some freaky robot thing to me to make me feel all these stupid things" I huff, shutting my book and lying flat on my back on my couch.

"I don't need to hear about what you and Adrian got going on in the bedroom" she grimaces.

"Har. Har." I roll my eyes.