46

Emory

"Baby?" His voice sounds muffled and far away. Probably because I'm still sleeping and it was the best sleep I've had in days.

"Emory" Adrian's voice starts clearing through the fog and I feel is fingers trace my skin.

When I groan and reach for him, I realize that he's not in bed with me and frown.

Peeling my eyes open and finding him smiling down at me from the side of my bed, hovering over me, I realize he's freshly showered and dressed in some of Grayson's old clothes.

"Your mom told me to wake you for breakfast but, I have to go" he whispers and I frown some more.

"You just ruin my vagina and then you ditch me, Harley?" I grunt, shoving my face into my pillow, still too groggy to really prevent him from leaving.

I hear his deep chuckle vibrate through me before he's pressing a kiss to my hair and whispering in my ear.

"I'd love nothing more than to ruin it some more this morning but I've got to go take care of some stuff before I head to work and then a few more things afterwards" his voice makes me shiver and then I'm turning, using the blanket to cover my naked body the look in his eyes growing heated, raising the goosebumps on my skin.

"Fine, but I won't make it easy for you" I shrug sleepily and he quirks an eyebrow.

"Hart, you're naked under those sheets, you think it's easy for me to leave you in this state?" He laughs.

I climb out of bed, hugging the blanket to my body and giving him a glare. I know he has to and as much as I'd much rather him stay, I know we both don't have a choice.

I just like messing with him because he's spent majority of our entire time of knowing each other messing with me.

"I'm going to take a shower" I huff despite the bath we took last night and ignore the amusement shining in his eyes.

I squeal when he yanks me into his chest, tilting my head up to meet his gaze.

"I want my goodbye kiss" he growls and it wrecks me. He wrecks me. Physically and emotionally. My body is sore as I remember our night together and it makes me all warm and shy.

"Morning breath" I snap and he rolls his eyes before dipping down to kiss me. I slap a palm over his mouth to stop him and he groans into my hand.

"Give me 5 minutes, you can spare 5 minutes, can't you, lover?" I bat my eyelashes up at him and he tightens his grip on my hips, nipping at the skin of my palm.

Grinning, I break free of his hold, throwing on a robe before scurrying to the bathroom to brush my teeth and tame my bed head.

When I return to my bedroom, Adrian doesn't hesitate to grab my waist and smash his lips to mine, groaning against me as if he'd been waiting his whole life to kiss me.

"You're making this a lot harder than it already was" he says, both of us slightly out of breath and I just grin up at him.

"That's the point. Now, go." I slip out of his hold and reach for his shoes, handing them to him and ushering him towards my bedroom door.