39

Emory

"Nice kick, Theo!" I cheer taking another much needed gulp of the margarita my sister made.

The woman really can read my mind.

"That's enough for you" Grayson suddenly says, plucking the cup from my hand.

"W- hey! Gray!" I frown, my cheeks all warm despite the drop in temperature lately.

"You've had three cups already, drink this" he shakes his head and hands me a water bottle.

"And? You're driving" I snort, drinking the water anyway.

I'm drinking away the panic set in my gut by my father. Isn't that ironic? I've got an alcoholic father and the one thing we have in common happens to be what I hate the most about him.

"What's wrong?" My brother nudges me and when I look up at him, slightly drunk and trying to shove all thoughts about my father into my thought trash-dumpster, he frowns a bit at me.

"Nothing" I try to lie but I'm buzzed and not nearly as good at it when intoxicated.

"Emory" he sighs and I slouch in defeat, finding no use in lying to him, not after the last time.

I don't exactly want to talk about it either.

"I'm fine, everything's fine. I don't want to dump it on you, not while we're here for Theo" I shrug and face the field again, smiling when I watch my nephew laugh and get along with his friends.

"Bee, I thought we were over that" I can hear the sadness in my brothers voice and it just breaks my little drunken heart to hear him so sad.

"We are! I am! I just...don't want to bring the mood down, not with all the great aura surrounding us right now" I gesture around us, probably looking ridiculous because it makes Grayson chuckle.

"Bring the mood down with what?" Addie perks up, her and Sara returning from their fourth pee break with rosy cheeks.

"No more margaritas!" Grayson groans, taking the thermos and tucking it under his arm.

"Booooo!" The three of us heckle him, shoving a bunch thumbs downs in his face.

"Not you guys! You're doing great!" Sara suddenly yells and we all look to see the small children all looking at us with confusion.

"You guys are killing it!" I reassure, Addie clapping her hands and waving at Theo.

"People think you three drunks are booing the kids, take it down a notch" Grayson hisses.

"Woah" Addie raises her eyebrows and I playfully raise my hands in defense.

"Sorry" I apologize, dragging out the word so it comes out more sarcastically.

"It's like he's a dad or something" Sara snorts and the three of us break out into laughter.

"You three are the worst trio to ever be formed" my brother grumbles and we calm down from our little giggle fest.

"So, what's Emmy bringing the mood down about?" Addie sighs, taking a sip of the water Grayson forced into her hand.

"Dude! Why'd you have to go and bring it up?" I groan.