38

Emory

"Emory"

"Yes, lover?" I say out of habit now, placing our dirty dishes in the dish washer.

When I don't get a reply, I grab a dish towel to dry my hands and turn to look up at Adrian who's eyes are full of something I can't quite read, his face softening and those green jewels just boring into me.

"Adrian" I playfully wave the towel in front of his face because it's almost like he's in a trance and then he just grins, snatching my wrist and pulling me close, tossing the towel to the side somewhere.

"I have to go" he says, leaning down to peck my lips.

"Off you go" I tease and he glares making me laugh.

He spent the night because I have no willpower and fell for his stupid excuse. I told him last night would be our last sleepover for a while now that we've set boundaries and he's been clingier than usual ever since.

I'm shit talking but I secretly love it.

"Don't be such a pain" he grumbles, kissing me again and heading for the door.

I follow him and just when he reaches for the handle, I grab his wrist and spin him around.

"Okay 20 more seconds" I grin and throw my arms around his neck, smashing my lips against his. He groans and wraps an arm around my waist, holding me tight against him.

I've decided to take this little by little, accepting the idea that Adrian's truthful about wanting me and for once, I like feeling wanted. I want him too and it just makes sense if two people want each other the way we do.

After getting it off of my chest yesterday and setting our boundaries, I'm all in. For real this time.

"I have to go" he groans, pulling away breathlessly.

"Okay" I sigh and step back to control myself.

"I'll call you" he promises and rips the door open before either of us can jump the other.

My body stills as Adrian lets out a long sigh, Xander standing on the other side, his eyes narrowing at us.

"Are you kidding me, Mo?" He scoffs and Adrian turns to give me a look asking if I'm okay. When I nod, he shoots me a wink and brushes past Xander, leaving me and my pissed off best friend.

"Did he sleep here?" Xander asks, storming my apartment and shutting the door. When I don't answer, he continues to scold me.

"Has he slept here before?" He asks another question and I offer a tight smile.

"Mo!" He groans.

"Hey! I don't shame you for your hookups!" I retort knowing it's a weak argument but it's all I've got.

"That's the difference, Emory, mine are strictly hookups! You can't do hookups!" He gestures around dramatically.

"I've hooked up before!" I defend myself and fold my arms.

"When was the last time you hooked up?" He folds his arms with challenge and I glare.

It has been a while. A long while. I tried the hookup thing, couldn't make it past guy number 3 and before that I hadn't dated anyone since senior year of high school.