28

Adrian

She's a fucking vision.

How someone so beautiful is completely unaware of how beautiful they are fascinates the hell out of me.

How she views herself, how she can't possibly understand that anyone can find her as breathtaking as I do rubs me the wrong way and all I want to do is worship her. Drill it inside of her head that she's probably the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

She makes me dumb with a face like that.

With the tip of her thumb between her teeth and that crease between her eyebrows, Emory sits at the end of her couch with her nose in her book and her feet in my lap.

Tonight, I watched her slowly start to relax, warm up to me. I watched her slowly begin to trust me and all I want to do is lock that trust in a safety box so I can keep it forever.

Keep her forever.

I want to be her best friend because she sure as hell is on the road to being mine.

Don't tell Grayson.

We ate together and talked for so long that I didn't want it to end because her voice is my favorite sound.

I think it's safe to say that I'm completely hopeless when it comes to this woman. It's fucking embarrassing how willing I am to give her, pretty much whatever the hell she wants.

Gone are the darkest thoughts of my mind and here are the thoughts about claiming her as mine and keeping her heart locked in next to mine forever.

I was wrong about what I wanted from her. I thought I wanted to taint her, darken some of that light within her. But, it seems she's already got a little darkness in her. Now, I want to emphasize her. Break down her walls. I want to be her accessory.

Because as long as she's around, that's all I am. She is everything and I'm a fucking goner.

"You're staring at me" she mumbles without taking her eyes off of the page.

"Yeah, it's hard not to" I tease and watch her ears get red.

"All this time I've been intimidated by you only to find out that you're the biggest softie around" she sighs, shaking her head in a playfully disappointed way, making my gaze harden despite her eyes still glued to her book.

"What a shame" she murmurs loud enough for me to hear and I want to bend her over my knee for her little sassy comments.

"Don't push me, angel" I warn her even though I want the complete opposite. I want her to push me and I want her to want to push me. I want to see that dark side of her that I know she keeps hidden, that dirty mind that she feeds through those smutty books of hers.

"Ooh I'm scared" she smirks and I pounce.

I grab her ankles, yanking her so that she's flat on her back, a yelp escaping her as she uses her book to hide the bottom half of her face, those doe eyes wide with excitement as she watches me hover over her.

"You are such a brat" I mumble, bending down to kiss her fingers as they clutch her book.

I could kiss her all day. I have been kissing her all day and I'd do it forever if she let me.