54

Adrian

Sara rips the door open and looks as if she lets out a breath of relief.

"It's about fucking time! He's eaten everything in the kitchen! Where have you been?!" She hisses at me and I just sigh, twisting my ring in my pocket.

"I thought he'd be over it by now"

"You fucked his little sister, are you even his best friend? God, men are just a tragedy to this earth" she mutters more to herself but loud enough for me to hear.

"Where is he?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"You two are not brawling in my goddamn house, go wait on the lawn" she points to her unkept lawn with her chin and I quirk an eyebrow.

"You're serious?"

"Deadly" and then she shuts the door in my face.

What is with the women in my life slamming doors in my face? It's just rude.

Letting out a deep breath, I make my way to the middle of the lawn and wait, picturing my best friend putting up a fight with Sara who's probably fed up with his presence.

He's been staying here for who knows how long because I had to ask his mom, running out of places he could've been. It's not too far from the city so he could still get to work and his kid is here so I get why he'd run here instead of his mothers.

Emory and I tried to give him space but the longer he stays away, the further away Emory gets from herself.

And that just won't slide with me.

After what feels like an eternity of waiting, Grayson is shoved out of the house and he stumbles onto the porch, a growl escaping his lips before he pins me with a glare I've never received from him.

"What the hell do you want, Adrian?" He asks, bored and uncaring.

"Just wanted to see if you were done being a child" I shrug, knowing it'd get a rise out of him.

"You're fucking my sister!" He booms and then stalks towards me, standing toe to toe with me, his hands fisting the collar of my shirt.

"It's not like that, Gray" I sigh and then he punches me.

I let him.

"Don't give me that shit! I don't want to hear that bullshit! I want the truth!" He growls and lands another blow.

I can see why Sara wanted us outside. Grayson has always been an ask questions later kind of guy.

"That is the truth. You wanna kick my ass, by all means, have at it" I huff, turning my head to spit some blood out.

"Hit me back, asshole" he grits and when I shake my head, he lands one to my stomach, letting me drop to my knees.

"Hit me!" He yells and lands another punch to my face.

Prick.

Hit after hit, I just let him get his anger out and when he tires himself, he straightens, combing through those long ass locks of hair.