Chapter 11

Choko's POV

"Flower breathing fourth form Crimson Hanagoromo"

I'm back.

Bending down to the now disintegrating demon I quickly get some of its blood for a research project Tsutako is conducting. 

Sheeting my katana I bend down to the women on the ground. "Are you hurt?" 

"N-no. Who-who-a-are you?" Shakingly she stands up looking at my face. 

Which is now covered in a Kitsune mask and my hair is in a bun with two red butterfly pins in it. Of course I'll be wearing my usual high pony and butterfly clip outside of work. This is just precaution since I'll be on Tv for the festival and can't be recognizable by civilians while working. The people who've seen me in uniform were either corps members, government officials, civilians who've been silenced or are dead. 

"You should get yourself checked at the hospital." Avoiding her question I call the Kakushi. "Hello I found another clone on ****** street. Please bring an ambulance to check a woman with black hair and eyes for injuries." 

Walking away the woman calls out. "So that was a villain's quirk?" 

"..Yes. Goodbye." And with that I was gone. 

After a week my injuries finally healed. The creation of demons is slowly rising. Missing person posters for both the demon and the victims are becoming more common. We need to catch who's turning people into demons in the act. If only we still had Lady Tamayo's cure. Fortunately the project Tsutako is working on is trying to develop a new cure. But that might take a while.

Walking into the butterfly mansion I go to the filing room and fill out my report. Putting the demon's appearance and other details in. The corpse will dry to find its once human identity. They'll just tell their loved ones they couldn't save the body or some other excuse like that.

 Walking into our estate I change out of my uniform and see Tsutako resting on the couch. Maybe I should make dinner tonight. I'll show her that I'm an awesome cook! Okay, first get the rice cooker! How much rice do I put in? Three cups should be good. Yes and two tablespoons of water. Don't wanna over water it. Why are there multiple speed settings? Obviously I want it fast. Clicking the fast setting I take a seat and pat myself on the back. 

"Hmm" Tsutako fumbled around. Guess she's having a dream. 

"Cho-Ara-fir

Fire

"Tsutako we have to go!"

"Choko, where Arata?!"

"He-he's dead!"

"Noo!!" Tsutako screamed while waking up, looking around frantically. 

Immediately I ran over and hugged her. "It's okay. We're all okay." 

She's sweating. "I-i" 

Tsutako... "We made it. We survived. Remember what you said when we got the scar? You said 'We look badass. Heh" 

Chuckling lightly at the memory I rub her back that has the burn mark that we both share. We just stayed like that for a bit until I smelled something that did not help considering the memory. "Smoke." 

Not even a second later the smoke detector went off. 'Beep, Beep, Beep' 

"Smells like burnt rice." Composing herself, Tsutako walks into the kitchen and turns off the alarm.