Chapter 24

Choko's POV

I failed to talk Iida out of what I knew he was going to do. The corpse informed me of the situation so I know the truth that they hid it from the public, that Iida went out and pursued the Hero Killer to avenge his older brother.

It would be childish to say I can relate to his feelings. I don't know what I would do if something happened to Tsutako but I can understand some of his feelings. Wanting revenge, avenging someone, and having an anger you don't know what to do with. 

For a teenager experiencing that for the first time it's understandable he wouldn't know how to handle those new emotions.

Walking into class I look down at the article on my phone. 'Mysterious vigilante kills Hero Killer'

 Thanks to the smoke the footage didn't catch Tsutako but the Corpse and Hero Commission are still trying to take it down. 

"Tomioka!" 

Hearing someone call out my name I turn around and see Iida speed walking towards me. "Good morning Iida. You really are serious about not running in the halls aren't you?" 

He stops in front of me waving his arm in his usual robotic way. "But of course, we pledged to follow the rules of U.A and I will continue to strive to make sure others do the same." 

Stifling a laugh I give him a quick pat on the shoulder. "That's quite the noble pursuit. I wish you luck." 

"Thank you!" He yells proudly but his face calms down a bit like he's trying to say something.

 "Don't think, just say." 

Looking up at me his eyes widened briefly. "You really can read people like a book." 

Looking down he gave me a bow. Huh? 

"I'd like to apologize. I didn't take your advice as seriously as I should have. You were right, anger did blinde my judgment and I thank you for giving me such strong words. I'll forever remember them."

 Oh so that's what this is about. But Iida, don't give people any clue about what happened that night! Even so.. 

"I'm glad your anger seems to have subsided. I trust your brother is doing better then?" 

Looking up he gave me a small smile. "Yes he is, thank you for asking." 

"I'm glad now let's get to class but first.." 

Getting on my tippy toes I jump a bit, flicking Iida in the forehead. Iida touched his forehead in surprise. 

Smirking, I start to wave my finger at him. "You're smart Iida so don't go acting like an Idiot. Okay?" 

Not waiting for an answer I turn around and start walking. "Come on, let's get to class." 

"R-right!" Catching up to me Iida walked beside me to class.

I'm proud of you Iida.

All might takes the class to field gama and began to explain the exercise. "Alright everyone, today we'll be doing a little race. I'll send out a signal and you'll have to try to find me but please try to keep property damage to a minimum." He coughed towards Bakugou. 

"What are you staring at me for?" He grumbles as if the answer isn't obvious. 

Not answering All Might reads from his list. "Okay the first group will be Midoriya, Iida, Ashido, Tomioka and Sero. Please make your way inside." 

Nodding we all make our way inside the large labyrinth of pipes and small structures. Maybe I'll try to win this. I should show some improvement after all. Everyone gets into position waiting.