Chapter 37

Tsutako's POV

I hate this feeling. I haven't felt truly quirkless in a while. I don't like it.

'Ba-dum'

'Ba-dum.'

Trying to stop my stupid heart from beating so fast I also grab my hand to stop it from shaking and take my katana standing up. Get a fucking grip Tsutako! I can't use concentration breathing. I have to get out of this fog!

Turning I run, but without my concentration breathing my running isn't even a quarter as fast. Hearing the demon run after me I try to run faster but stop seeing it appear before me. "Shit."

"Don't worry little bug, I'm not gonna kill that pretty face of yours."

What?

Before I could make a move the demon gripped my neck and lifted me up. Damn it! Hold your breath, hold your breath!!

"I'm just gonna take you over to some bar we're staying at and some other..." He goes on tightening his grip, tears start streaming down my eyes nonstop from holding back my breath.

"...Choko..."

Choko? I catch from his words. How can I face her like this? My little sister..so much stronger than me. Is she okay? I wonder if our poison immunity for Hachi worked.

Feeling myself start to fade into unconsciousness I hear a 'Bang!'

followed along with some more.

What-what is that?

I-I hope everyone is okay.

'Bang, bang! Bang!'

His grip loosened, why? Slowly opening my eyes they widen seeing the fog gone and two bullet holes in the side of his head. They must have missed one. Wait who? Weekly turning my head to the side I freeze.

Tetsutetsu and Kendo?

Black spots continue to engulf my vision.

No, ru-run! I open my mouth but nu-nothing can come out with-with the de-demon still blocking my airway.

"Ge..fro...er!!"

Idiots.

Think..think straight...just before darkness surrounded me, instinct took over and I suddenly remembered something Kei taught me.

Concentrating I slow down my heart rate for the demon to hear as I fall limp. His grip loosens enough for me to get air, resisting the urge to take a big gasp of air I take a small breath.

"Tsutako!"

"Finally out?" The demon said dropping me to the ground. Letting myself fall I don't move.

Hearing the demon walk towards my classmates as quietly as I can I get up ignoring the wave of nausea that hit me and grab my katana.

The demon is spinning his spear pridefully in front of them. "Now that I think about it I'm quite hungry."

Fast.

So fast that he has no time to react.

Insect breathing.

Taking a noticeable breath I run at a blinding speed pulling my arm back. Turning around the demon's eyes widen pulling its spear towards me. Now!

'Shunk!'

I only see a blur of my classmate's faces as I Impale the demon right through the front of his skull.

It lets out a yell as I continue running. Get away from Tetsutetsu and Kendo! Pull the demon's weight! After about 15 seconds I run my katana through a tree, trapping the demon to it.