four

A Year Later...

You arrived home after hanging out with Lucia; who had arrived in the city a couple of days ago to visit.

The small sense of peace disappeared the closer you got to your house. The atmosphere felt heavy as soon as you walked through the door.

"Ya llegue!" You yelled as you closed the door behind you.

"Y/n, ven," You heard your father say from the main living room. You could hear the seriousness in his voice which made you nervous.

"Que paso?" You asked, looking at the serious facial expressions both your mother and father had.

"Te tengo que decir algo," He spoke. "Sientate," He motioned for you to sit down.

His words brought panic as you attentively watched him, trying to see if there were any hints to what he was going to tell you.

"Me están asustando, qué pasa?" You asked concerned as you took a seat on one of the couches, staring attentively at your father.

"Nos estamos yendo a la quiebra," Your father ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

You looked at him, your eyes wide from his sudden words. You stood up from the couch and began to walk closer to your parents. "Pensé que le estaba yendo muy bien a la compañía," You looked at your father confused.

"No, no se que pasó, de repente todo se dio la vuelta, ya no tenemos dinero y si no hacemos algo, mucha gente va a perder sus trabajos, y vamos a perder muchos inversores," Your father explained to you.

You didn't say anything to your father. You just stood right where you were.

"La familia González, nos ofrecen dinero y conexiones," He ran his hands down his face. "Son Españoles," He said.

You listened carefully to what he was saying. You didn't know who the González family was, but if they were offering money, then they had to be somewhat good. But no one offers money just like that, there had to be more to that deal.

"Su hijo menor," He began to speak again. "Te vas a casar con él," He said.

There it was.

He sat down on the couch, looking up to see how you were reacting to all of this. He wasn't surprised when he saw your shocked face.

You were taken aback. Married? You never thought that arranged marriages were still a thing in the 21st century.

"Que dijiste?" You asked, still not believing a word that was coming out of your father's mouth. You turned to look at your mother for some sort of confirmation that you had heard your father correctly and when she avoided your gaze, it was more than enough to confirm.

"El ex futbolista profesional, una carrera que sus padres no quisieron, pero lo hizo de todos modos, es muy mujeriego y causa muchos escándalos, por eso su familia quiere que se case. Para tranquilizarlo. Se llama Pedro." Your father was looking at you as he told you what was going on.

"Y yo que? Que tengo yo que ver con todo esto?" You looked at him questioning why you were pulled into this.

"Quieren que la muchacha sea de buena familia, no cualquiera," He sighed.

"Pues que busquen a otra, porque yo no me voy a casar con el," You were about to storm off, but your father grabbed your wrist, stopping you from walking away. "Y además, nos estamos yendo a la quiebra, entonces buena no lo se." You said, bitterly laughing as you pulled your wrist away from the grasp of your father.

Your parents ignored your attempt at making a joke. Their serious expressions stayed on their faces.

"Deja de hacer chistecitos tontos Y/n," Your mother finally spoke.

"Nos ayudarían a que no nos vayamos a la quiebra Y/n, deja de ser tan infantil. Piensa como una adulta," Your father reached for your wrist, his grip getting harsher. His words hurt you more than he would ever know. "Se madura," He said.

You turned to look at your mother, trying to get her to be on your side, but when she once again avoids your gaze, you knew that she wouldn't advocate for you. She stayed silent.

"Te vas a casar con el, me vale si quieres o no, me escuchas?" He said, making you look at him. He had a stern look on his face as he let go of your wrist. "Van a salir mañana," He informed you.

"Mañana?" You asked, trying your best to not let the tears that were beginning to form in your eyes, fall down your face.

What did you ever do in your past life that always seemed to put a professional football player in your way?

"Si, mañana," Your father's gaze never left yours.

"Tan rápido?" You asked him. "Desde cuando estabas planeando todo esto?" You glared at him.

"Eso no importa, lo que importa es que no eches esto a perder," He looked at you with strict eyes.

He had never spoken to you this way. You stared at him, almost in a challenging way. You never thought that he would be capable of doing something like this. It had never actually crossed your mind that this would ever have been a possibility.

"Al menos es guapo?" You sighed as you sunk onto the couch, admitting defeat. You were aware that going against your father would never end well.

He turned to look at you.

"Buscalo en el internet," He said before walking away from you and out of the living room. Your mother quickly followed after him.

You rolled your eyes at him before pulling out your phone and searching him up. Your eyes slightly widened when your eyes landed on the first picture that popped up. You weren't going to lie, he was very handsome. You tossed your phone to the side, running your hand through your hair in aggravation. Maybe this won't be too bad, but everything was happening so fast. Not that long ago you were dealing with heartbreak, and now, you're getting married? To someone, you don't even know?

You rubbed your face annoyed. This was too much.

You went to grab your phone once again, looking at the picture. You raised an eyebrow in question, analyzing every feature of his. Yes, he was indeed very handsome. No matter how long you looked at the picture, you couldn't find anything that gave you the ick.

And that made you even more mad.

"Porque yo? Porque siempre yo?!" You yelled at the ceiling. You didn't exactly know to who or to what you were yelling at, but you knew that you needed to yell.